Chapter 19

" Fikayo".

I said to myself as I entered the room with my luggage, as if things couldn't get worse. Fikayo had to be my room mate?

My Dad had managed to secure me accommodation through his numerous connections, it was in the hostel. I was really surprised when he told me he pulled that through within hours.

Well it was only coincidental, while looking for a place for me. He contacted someone in the school, the person's daughter was leaving school to continue her studies abroad, so it was through plain coincidence and luck, I got this place in the hostel.

But it seemed coincidence hated me, because out of all the rooms in that particular hostel, I get to be roommates with Fikayo and her lousy Friends?

" Oh no" I muttered quietly.

By now, Fikayo and the remaining girls had noticed my presence. She opened her mouth wide to talk, but was stopped when my Dad entered the room with the rest of my stuff.

" Good morning girls" my Dad greeted as he walked towards the empty bed opposite where we were standing.

" Good morning sir" they responded simultaneously. They were obviously still surprised, well, I was too. I was even still trying to process the fact that I would be staying in school from now on. I had thought my Dad would change his mind, but that was just a wish.

I followed my Dad as I dropped my bag on my bed, all I had was my clothes and books, with some provisions. The school was a private school so we weren't allowed to cook in the hostel.

" Jemi, I'll be leaving now" my Dad said "Take care of yourself, I love you" he pecked me on the cheek and motioned to leave. " And yeah, I sent some money into your account, I hope it covers all you need, if you need anything just call me okay" he added, all I did was to simply nod, I felt reluctant to say bye. I never knew I would feel this reluctant about leaving home.

Leaving home had been my dream, all I had ever wanted. To explore life on my own, make new friends and just be free to do some things the way I wanted and deemed fit.

Freedom.

Freedom was given to me on a platter of gold, but this freedom seemed toxic, it was like I was granted it by my Dad so he could have his. I wouldn't know what was happening at home, there was no way I could be at peace. What if my mum leaves home? What if my dad makes another move to hit her?

This time, there would be no Jemima that would prevent them from carrying out their actions. All I could do was hope, and maybe pray. My heart was clustered all this while I didn't feel like praying. The last time I prayed was when I was worried about Toni.
But then, nothing happened to show my prayers were answered.

Maybe I would have managed to enjoy my freedom, if I had better roommates. People that were definitely not Fikayo and her minions. But I knew I was in for it the minute my Dad stepped out of the room.

" Well, well, well. Look who's our new roommate" Fikayo said with a smirk on her face.

" Good morning to you too Fikayo" I answered curtly. I reached out to get my back pack because I had lectures that morning. " If you don't mind roomie, I've got lectures. Maybe I'll have time for a little chit-chat with you when I'm back" I said my words putting her in a daze. I walked past her and was about opening the door to leave, I turned back to find her staring daggers at me. "Huh, I believe you have lectures to, you don't want to be late" I paused " Class rep" I stressed, winking at her.

I walked out of the room, and to the stairs, I walked down the stairs too. I was about leaving the building when my phone rang. It was Anne, I smiled a little then I picked the call.

" Hey Anne".

" Jemi, why didn't you tell me you were leaving for school"  she said, feigning anger.

"I'm sorry, Anne. Dad just decided out of the blues".

" Really, hope nothing happened, because Dad doesn't seem like one to make such decisions just like that. Do you know how many centuries I used to convince Dad to allow me stay at the hostel?"

I laughed.

" Well, nothing happened. I don't know, Anne" I lied  .

" Okay, I only wish I was there to help pack your stuff" she said in a sad tone.

" I wish you were available too"

" Anyway, it's all good. I'll call you later for more gist. I've got a practical". She said.

" I have to go too, I have lectures too"

" Talk to you later Jemi"..

" Bye Anne"

Mo' and Semiloore were already sitted in class, I walked up to them and greeted them.

"Semiloore, Mo' good morning guys" I said as I sat down.

" Baby  girl, morning"
"Morning dear".

" You are late, what happened" Mo'asked.

"Err, guess what" I said.

"What?" They asked simultaneously.

" I said guess what, now ask what" I said with a giggle.

" What jhor" Semiloore asked.

" Oya talk" Mo' added. ..

"Okay, drum roll" I said and drummed the table. Making the girls laugh.
" I'm staying in the hostel"

"What?" They asked.

" Yes, I got accommodation in school today, that's why I'm late".

" Are you joking?" Mo'asked. I shaked my head to indicate I was telling the truth.

Semiloore yelled and Mo' started laughing heartily, getting the attention of other students.

" What drug did you use on Pastor Adewale" Mo' asked her face lit up.

" Nothing. He just decided I should stay in uni from now on".  I answered.

" Wao, that's amazing". Mo' said.

" Now we can hang out more, attend night class together, and all that. Wao, I can't wait to explore this school with you" Semiloore said excitedly. Making me smile.

" And you can come sleep over at our place" Mo'added. My face lit up.

" I can do that?" I asked

" Yes if course, it's a two room apartment" Semiloore answered.

" Thank God" I said as I sighed with relief. " You guys won't believe who my roommates are" I said.

" Who".

" Fikayo and her minions"

---------------

Hey, sorry this chapter is short.

I'll update very, very soon, before you finish singing the national anthem 😂😂😂😂

Don't forget to.
Vote 🌟
Comment 💬
And share 📨

Love you ♥️
------------------