Chapter 20

" Now that's crazy" Mo' said.

" How are you going to cope with that girl" Semiloore added.

" I don't know, I'll probably shut up and mind my business". I said

" With Fikayo? Girl, that girl is unbelievable. You can't stay with her, giving that she doesn't even like you. One day you'll get to hostel to find you bed socked with water". Mo' said.

I laughed heartily, but began to weigh the possibility of that actually happening.

" I never thought about that you know? You really think she can do that? " I asked giggling.

" Totally" Semiloore answered as we laughed.

The General orientation was starting today, some hours after lectures, the only lecture we would be having in few days. The next two days would be full of talks and all.

The debate competition would be on the day after the excursion, we would be going to the famous Idanre hills the day after tomorrow and we would be spending a night there.

I was still lost in the thought, when the girls started greeting someone. Snapping out of my thoughts I looked up to see Dare, standing beside someone.

Yes, Maria.

I rolled my eyes, and raised my left hands to glance at my watch. I still had thirty minutes before the lecturer arrives.

" Good morning Jemi" Dare greeted.

" Morning Dare" I greeted.

"Hi" Maria said to me.

"Hey" I answered, without facing her, turning to face the girls I said " I need to get something, I'll be back" with that, I stood up and walked out of the class.

Going to nowhere in particular, I pulled out my headsets from my bag and wore it. Getting to a secluded spot, I sat down. Listening to music I thought about how I reacted because of Maria's presence, maybe it was right, maybe it was wrong, I didn't care.

I felt a slight tap on my back and I groaned silently, who was intruding my deserved privacy. I turned back to see Ephraim's face, I smiled and removed the headset.

"Hi" I managed to say.

"Hi Jemima" he answered in his cool, spine chilling voice, and sat just beside me.

" Hope you slept well?" I asked, the smile on my face not leaving.

" Yes, I did" he replied.

" Okay then" taking my eyes of it and fondling with my bag.

" Why aren't you in class?" he asked.

"Err, why aren't you in class, too" I answered with the same question.

" I don't know" he answered, I looked up in curiosity. " Maybe because I saw you sitting here alone". I giggled. "What's on your mind, you seem to have a lot on your mind". He asked.

" Yeah maybe, I'm just thinking about the competition and excursion. That's all" I said.

" Okay, then". He replied. Just then I saw Fikayo walking towards us, she was probably on her way to class. Her face was contorted with a frown, I almost burst into laughter with the way she was staring at us.

Rushing to sit beside Ephraim, she shifted me from my place with her buttocks, wrapping her hands around Ephraim. I couldn't help but laugh, she looked just like the silly girls in movies chasing the cold, snubbish and handsome guy in school.

" Hey, Ephraim. I came to your place last weekend but you weren't around" she said with a pout. Ephraim jerked off her hands and stood up quickly, he dusted off his shirt, and came to stand in my front. Fikayo's friends made grimaces and stared at their already embarrassed friend. I was managing to hold back the laughter.