Chapter 12

Friendship is one reason for human existence. Showing and receiving love, making new friends and holding on to old friendships. Friendships put smiles on ones face, and also finds a way to bring tears to them.

Friendships have their happy times and also the sad times. But all the Negativity and positivity associated, are what makes friendships beautiful and worth having.

I laughed heartily at the joke Dare said, it was a week after the orientation, and the competitions were coming up the next week. We were giving different jokes and suggestions to lighten Semiloore's nervousness.

It's been just a week of meeting this amazing people and I smile Everytime I look at them. Their different personalities and attitudes makes them unique and indeed loveable.

Mo' was the rich kid with everything at her beck and call. But this rich kid wasn't the proud and arrogant type. She was all shades of fun, she was bold and confident. Not letting anyone feel uncomfortable with her because of her wealth. She rarely even drives her car, she only does when we are going around school together because of the state of my leg.
She was also not the 'rich but dumb' kind of girl, she was extremely smart. With dreams and goals, one of which is to be an advocate for women in abusive relationships. Her aunt died from the result of an abusive relationship and she had promised herself to be on the Frontline fighting the battle against domestic violence.

Semiloore, our own beauty queen, a caramel beauty, with the height and body of a world class model. She was reserved and quiet, she and Mo' had been best friends from their secondary school days. She was the easily bullied type, just like Toni. And she had a thing for Korean actors and musicians just like Anne. Her laughter was funny and weird, if you were thinking of something very serious before, you will end up laughing as soon as you hear hers.

This two girls had made an impact in my lives in the one week we met. I learnt more humility from Mo'and also learnt to be happy no matter what from Semiloore. I only hoped in my heart that I was a good friend to them too.

I hadn't been able to reach Toni, after the incident few days ago. But I always texted her and our her in my prayers. My dad told me she was discharged two days after our visit. I decided not to worry about her attitude towards me. I kept reaching out to her, even without success. She was still my best friend. I guess

"Jemi, you should come along with us to get, Semiloore's stuff for the contest" Mo' stated.

" Err, you know I would really love to, but... "I said, intentionally leaving the last words unsaid.

" Your driver would be here to pick you up any time from now" Semiloore said, the exact thing I left unsaid. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Uhmm, okay then.... But why doesn't your Dad let you stay on campus" Mo' asked.

Did I mention it? That Mo' had a thing for asking questions she actually has the answers for?
Oh Yes she does! This was like the 17th time she had asked that same question in the last few days.

"Sister Mo' of the most high" I started, the rest giggling already, "you have asked me this question ooo, many times ma".

"E pele oo (sorry ), I just wanted to ask. Campus is fun". She replied

" Yes I'm sure it is" I said, my mind wandering off to Anne and her visit the last weekend. She had so much to talk about. Only after spending few days on campus, I wanted to taste the freedom. I desired it.

Little did I know that my freedom was just around the corner.....

"Do you know that, Jemi's mom, came with her for Teenagers camp" Dare said. My eyeballs widened and I stretched out my hand to yank off his fez cap, a method we the girls devised as his punishment whenever he was being naughty. He cut my hand immediately and twisted it, bring it to my back.

Mo'and Semiloore came to the rescue, and after beating and spanking him, he ended up releasing the hand. And I successfully yanked off the cap,  his funny hair cut in full view.

"Don't try the power of girls oo" Semiloore said in between giggles.

" Yes ma" Dare said breathing heavily "Can I have my cap now" he asked as he faced me a smile plastered on his face.

"No!" I said. He made a baby face with a pout and I  ended up giving him.

"But wait Jemima, you mum went with camp with you?" Mo' asked.

" No she didn't, she only volunteered as a chaperone o"

" That was an excuse nah" Dare said

" No abeg, all these teenagers with weird assumptions".

But indeed my mum volunteered so as to look after my sister and I. Anne argued and complained for many days but didn't have a choice than to accept her fate.

I looked at my wrist watch and checked the time, just then my phone vibrated in the trousers I wore. It was my driver.

"Oh guys, I'll have to leave now, I'll see you guys tomorrow". I announced.

" Okay darling, hope he is outside the faculty so you wouldn't need to walk to far cos of you leg" Mo' asked.

" Yeah, he said he is just out there".

" Okay".

" Oh my baby, I'll miss you so much" Semiloore said. Walking closer to me and engulfing me in a tight hug.

"I'll miss you too baby" I replied, under my breathe though. Semiloore's hugs and grips will forever remain the tightest in the history of hugs and grips.

"Okay" she said released. "Bye Dare" I said as I turned to go. Suddenly and surprisingly. Dare held my hands and made me turn to face him. He pulled me into a tight hug. I got scared and nervous. No male had ever hugged me apart from my Dad and brothers.

I jerked and pushed him back, making him feel embarrassed.

It was just an harmless hug, I scolded my self.

"I'm sorry" I stuttered. "I'm just not used to things like that". I added.

"It's okay, it's fine" he said in slowly, his eyes nearly digging a hole in mine. His smile different From other times, his face had an expression I couldn't decipher.

I swallowed my saliva and took my eyes away from his. Just then I noticed his hands were still on mine and I gently removed them.

I said a final good bye to the girls who were watching the scene quietly. A funny smile plastered on their faces. Then I turned to leave.

I walked away and was about reaching the door when Mo'called and teased me about being Dad's daughter again. I wasn't watching, but I was walking towards the door. The next thing was me bumping into a figure.

"Ouch"

"Oh my God"

We said simultaneously, I opened my eyes to see the person I bumped into.

It was Ephraim, I held my affected head as blood gushed out his nose.

_________

Okay so this chapter is really short...

Please bear with me...it's really late and I'm wanted to update.

I'm sorry.
Next chapter would be longer.

Quick question 🥰

Imagine that scenario, you bumping into your 'crush' like that and giving him a bleeding nose. Biko, how'll you feel 😂.

Me: 😒🙄

____________