Chapter 24

Happy new month....

It was noon the next day, and I was at Mo's place, we were preparing for the competition. Semiloore was all set and all we needed to do was get her to the venue on time.

There were no doubts that Semiloore was definitely going to be the most beautiful amongst the contestants. Her smile alone was enough to capture the judges heart, her dress was sent to her from her mom in Lagos and it was top notch, she would be wearing it when we get to the hall. The finest make up artist in school did her make up already, making her face look angelic.

I couldn't help but stare at her as I wore my clothes. I and Mo'agreed to wear matching outfits, the outfit was so so cute, and I also appreciated the thought of it. These girls didn't make me bother much about Toni, sincerely I was beginning to forget about her if not for the call I got yesterday.

I still couldn't find a reason why she acted that way towards me, my best friend for years? It was definitely not my fault, all I could really do was wonder why she reacted that way.

Why?

" The program will be starting in forty fiveminutes you guys should hurry up" Semiloore yelped. She was definitely nervous, because she had been on that high pitched voice for some time now.

" Calm down madam, we are done already" Mo' said. I smiled as I packed my essentials into my small bag.

" You seem so nervous ooo" I said

" Huh? My palm is all sweaty, I can't stop thinking of the different ways I'm going to embarrass myself" Semiloore said.

" You'll do great okay, just be yourself" Mo' encouraged.

" My real self is clumsy" Semiloore yelped again and I couldn't hold my laughter.

" It's okay ehn" I said.

" Will Ephraim be there?” Mo asked me.

" How am I supposed to know" I responded.

" Hmm, your names have become topics for gossip amongst the girls in our department ooo" Semiloore said.

" What are they saying?" I asked. This wasn't the first time I'm being gossiped about, infact I believe all my whole life what most people know about me must be from the gists they got from someone else. But this was the first time a gossip about me involved the opposite sex, so I was very curious.

" You want to know? I thought you didn't care ni" Mo' laughed.

I hissed " Just tell me already".

" Okay". Semiloore started. " Some people are saying that you guys are in a relationship. Other's are saying he really really likes you. And there are also some very very very very negative rumors flying around about you". She added.

" So those once are not the only thing they say about me? Interesting" I smirked as I sat down on the chair.

" Yeah, Fikayo and her friends are spreading it around that you're loose. You know nah, all those pastor's children that are really terrible. She said you follow boys around. Example, Ephraim and Damilare. She said really really horrible things dear". Mo' added.

" Fikayo as always said horrible things about me so I'm not surprised. It's just so annoying how many people will be saying same things about me, when they've never even spoken to me". I said, I was really frustrated and upset.

Fikayo was the one always spreading rumors about me, I don't know what wrong I had ever done to her. In my secondary school days, she took delight in sitting people down and telling them how proud and arrogant I was. She will tell them I'm fake and obsessed with always being the head.