Chapter 7

The orientation started on a great note and it had been amazing so far, we had had lectures, and we had been introduced to some lecturers. Departmental executives and some Student union Executives, because the student Union president was a student in the department.

We were introduced to a lot of things that made me extra eager to start learning. I definitely made a great choice to study Law.

Semilore and Mo' actually warmed up to me and whispered jokes in my ears, they made the entire orientation interesting for me. And I made it up in my mind to get closer to them.

We were told about the general orientation happening in three weeks time, were we would be going for excursions and having competitions and also the Mr and Miss fresher's competition, the announcements made the hall rowdy and filled with excitement.

"You should register for the Miss Fresher's competition you know" I said to Semiloore.

" Nah, I'm not beautiful" she replied.

"Really?!?!" I said sincerely shocked "have you seen yourself in the mirror at all" I added.

She blushed.

" Jemi is right Shemmy, You should register ooo" Mo' added.

"Uhm, okay oo" she muttered " I'll think about it"

" You better do" I said smiling. My gaze accidentally meeting Fikayo's. If her gazes could kill, I would be dead.

I shifted my gaze to my left and who it met made my heart nearly jump out of my chest. It was Ephraim, Yes Ephraim, staring at me. After recovering from the shock, I raised my hands a little to wave, but he turned and walked away almost immediately. I took back my hand immediately.

Getting embarrassed by the same person twice?

The orientation went on and went extra exciting when it was time to elect the class representative. I wondered who it would be and many people had started campaigning and making suggestions on who it should be.

"Guys, I should run for class representative you know" Fikayo said grinning.

" That'll be cool oo" Mo' said excitement evident in her voice.

"Yes, we are going to nominate you ooo" Semiloore added, she started talking with people around us, and they all seemed to agree with her.

I was still trying to process the possibility of Fikayo being the class rep, she was definitely going to make life a living hell for me.

I stole a glance at her and I saw the same look she always had on when she and her friends were planning a mischief involving me while in secondary school.

After the nominations, there were five contestants and we were asked to vote, I began wondering why I didn't ask to be nominated. At least, leading had always been my thing.

I stared at Fikayo as she stood on the podium, a smile plastered on her face.

"I should be the one up there"
I thought to myself but quickly rebuked my self, I wasn't entitled to any position. I thought as I sighed.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"That was amazing, I can't believe Fikayo is now class rep, wao" Mo' said cheerfully.

" She deserves it, I mean, imagine the way she was able to make everyone fall in love with her In the two minutes she spoke" Semiloore added.

" Well, that's work for me oo, but it feels good to be a leader" Fikayo said looking content.