Chapter 29

We walked together to my hostel after we had more drinks. We walked in silence for minutes until we reached the gate of my hostel, we said our goodbyes and he hugged me. With red cheeks and a wide grin,  I walked into the building, and to my room.

I opened the door and entered, my roommates were there already with a girl I had never seen before.

" Good afternoon guys" I greeted. Dumebi and Moyo greeted me heartily, while Fikayo was focused on the documents in her hand.

I watched her closely, she looked really sad and sober, I have never seen her that way before. It looked like she been crying as her eyes were all puffy, red, and wet.

Knowing Fikayo for who she was, I would rather mind my business. I sat on my bed as I pulled out my phone to call Mo'.

" Did they say there was absolutely nothing else they can do?" Fikayo asked the girl, the girl I had never seen before. I took the time to look at this strange girl, she and Fikayo looked a lot alike. I guessed they were sisters.

Fikayo looked so bad as she stared at the piece of paper in her hands, all I could do was wonder what was so wrong, that could get the 'Almighty' Fikayo crying.

••••••••••••••••••••

Mo' and Dare stepped out of the restaurant grinning and laughing heartily. Mo' was very happy and elated because the last two hours were the best she had had in a long time.

Damilare was funny and always told rib-cracking jokes, he had a way of making her listen attentively to his words. Mo felt safe with him and she was extremely glad they had the opportunity to hang out that day.

" Thanks for today" Mo' appreciated, as they got to the car. She leans on the car as Dare watched her closely.

" You are welcome," Dare said with a small smile. " I enjoyed this today, we should do this more often" Dare said.

" Yeah, we should". Mo' responded. " I need to go now before it gets dark Mo' added.

Just then, the most unwanted figure came strolling by. Maria walked towards them with her usual smile. Mo' riled up inside, she winced as Maria got closer.

"Hey guys," she greeted.

" Hey" Mo' answered.

Dare walked closer to Maria and pulled into a small hug. " How are you my Shawty?" He greeted, rubbing her head with his hands playful. This action making Mo' fume with anger.

" I'm going to church, I've been looking everywhere for you," Maria said.

" oh, I can't believe I forgot. You go ahead, I'll join you". Dare said

" Okay, bye," Maria said and walked away.

"Your girlfriend is so dependant right?" Mo' said as she watched Maria walk away.

"As much as I don't agree with the girlfriend part, yeah she can be very dependent" Dare answered.

"Okay" Mo' stressed, try so hard to hide her hurt.

" I feel sorry for her, that's why I try to be around her most of the time" Dare said, staring blankly at the direction Maria took.

" Why?"

" She's going through some personal issues I can't tell. All I can say is, she deserves all the love and kindness she can get "

"Okay" Mo' said looking at him, she felt bad for thinking otherwise of Dare's caring nature towards Maria. " I have to go now I'll see you later" Mo' added.

" Yeah, I'm going to church too." Dare answered, reluctant to leave. " isn't it weird that our District overseer's daughter is on campus and she hasn't bothered coming to the fellowship for once." Dare said it funnily, stroking his cheeks as If he was wondering.

Mo' burst into laughter as he said it, " Well, it's funny when you say it. But that's true, I'll talk to her about it."

" Okay, bye," Dare said, as he finally made moves to leave. He hugged Mo' and gave her a peck on the cheek, making Mo' blush. He moved away and started walking away, leaving Mo' alone as she blushed.

••••••••••••••••••

"Welcome to my humble abode" Nurse Temidayo announced, as she enters the mansion with Toni. Toni was lost in thoughts as she observed the massive and beautiful building. She looked at the pictures on the wall as she saw Nurse Temidayo's beautiful family.

" Do you like it?" Nurse Temidayo asked Toni as if her approval was going to change anything.

" You have a beautiful place ma" Toni paused. " It's big" Toni added.

"Too big for a Nurse right?" She asked as she walked away from Toni. She had just asked the question heavy in her heart.

" Huh," Toni sighed, as she watches Nurse Temidayo as she got water in two cups.

" My husband is a businessman, and currently he works in the UK". She answered her question.

" Oh," Toni said as she collected the water given to her by the nurse. " Thank you ma," she said as she drank the water, she was thirsty.

"You have a beautiful family ma," Toni said staring at the pictures again.

" Yeah, I thank God. My daughter is about your age"   Nurse Temidayo said as she drank her water.

" oh"

" She attends Excellers University". She added.

" Really?" Toni asked surprised, that school was for really rich people in the society.

" Yes, her name is Semiloore. I'm sure you'll meet her one day" Nurse Temidayo said.

Toni smiled.

"You see, I live alone in this big house. So feel free okay?"

" Yes ma," Toni said, standing up on her feet. She knelt beside Nurse Temidayo, holding her legs. " Thank you so much ma, I'm grateful".

" No problem dear, I should thank you for agreeing to keep me company in this big house". She said, causing Toni to giggle.

"Come on, let's go check your room".