Chapter 28

The New cover was designed by my very special friend. TheOfficialSemiloore
The cover is really beautiful, right? Help me appreciate her 🙏
••••••••••••••••••

I stepped out of the hostel, to see Semiloore giggling about something she was watching on her phone, while Mo' was sitting in the car absent-minded.

I walk towards them as I greeted, slapping Mo' gently to bring her back to normal.

" How are you doing guys, where are we going?" I asked.

" We are celebrating my victory Nah" Semiloore responded.

I smiled and replied. "  I know, I meant where are we going?"

" We don't know yet, when Ephraim gets here we will decide" Mo' said coming out of the car.

"Ephraim is coming?" I said as I shiver. Making my words come out as a stutter.

" Yeah, he should be here any minute from now" Mo' replied as she stared at her watch.

Just then Ephraim appeared, he was walking briskly towards us. Hands in his jacket pocket as he approached us.

" Hello girls" he greeted as he hugged Mo' and then Semiloore. He looked at me and muttered a dry "Hi".

I felt my heart flutter and my throat crack at the sound of his voice. His eyes felt like they were digging through my skin and assessing my thoughts. I coughed as I broke the uncomfortable stare. " Ephraim, Good morning".

He nodded as he walked towards Semiloore.
"Wait what's going on here?" Semiloore asked as she wrapped her hands around his. She was already fond of doing that.

" Like what?" Ephraim asked.

" The air between you guys is choking. What's up?"  Semiloore said.

" Nothing," I said almost immediately.

" So how are we celebrating our, Miss Fresher" Ephraim asked giggling.

How could he giggle, how could he be so cool and comfortable? While I was having the most intensely weird time of my life. I thought to myself.

"We don't know yet. Do you have any ideas?" Mo asked.

"How about we go to, Davis' lounge" Ephraim suggested.

Davis' lounge was a lounge located outside school,   we had visited there before and it was a fun place to be, with blazing music from a live music band.

The girls didn't contend with the decision as I kept mum all through the conversation. Ephraim could drive so he slides into the driver's seat, Mo' and Semiloore sat at the back. Leaving me with no choice but to sit with Ephraim in the front.

"Wait! Why am I sitting at the front?" I asked, placing my hands on my chest, standing by the door.

I got no answer as the girls were busy pressing their phones in the back seat. Ephraim was staring at me, but I couldn't read the expression on his face. After seconds of being completely ignored, I opened the door and entered the car.