Chapter 33

"Who was that!" Dele yelled at Monica as she dropped his phone on the bed.

"Who?" Monica asked feigning ignorance. She walked up to him and wrapped her hands around his neck. She stood on her toe as she made a move to kiss him. Dele who was already upset pushed her away from him.

"Babe what's the meaning of that" Monica cried.

"How many times have I told you, to stop taking my wife's call!!!" Dele yelled thinking the caller was  Aderinsola.

"I didn't talk to Derin, Mr. Man", Monica said as she turned and moved to the bed, she climbed on it.

"Look, Monica, I know what Derin did to you upset you, but that's enough. Stop making her go through this much emotional stress. For heaven's sake, she's my wife!" Dele complained.

"Oops, you're wrong. You are to say, ' she's still my wife' because I promise you Dele. I'm going to end whatever is between you and that lunatic!" Monica said confidently.

"Watch your mouth woman!" Dele yelled at her. He calmed down after a while and sat on the bed, caressing Monica's leg the way she always loved. "I  know Derin upset you. But you have to calm down!"

Monica had changed some few weeks back, because of something Derin had done. All these while, Monica was the cool-headed one who wanted just the companionship of Dele. She always forced him to go home to his wife, and sometimes sent messages of apology to his wife. She had wanted to end the whole thing but Dele had kept coming, and it seemed Maria was enjoying the father figure she had in him.

It all went down when an anonymous person started sending messages to her friends, colleagues, and her husband's family. The message was on how loose she was, and that the reason her husband left her was that she was a loose and wayward person and that she was a husband snatcher. Many people had believed and even her boss terminated her appointment. Her image was marred cos the said anonymous person had done a great job in giving her character and image a bad light.

Monica had wept for days unconsolable, her daughter's image was also marred, some of her friends got a message. Dele had tracked the messages and found out who was sending them out. Derin.

Dele had called to lash at her and call her childish, but the deed was done. And Monica's mind had started to seek revenge, now she was trying every means to make sure Dele remained with her. She even made sure they stopped using protection whenever they sinned against their bodies.

She was bent on destroying the marriage, she had nothing to lose any longer. Her husband had left her, all the people she knew had deserted her. She had nothing to lose if Dele's marriage and Ministry failed.

" I don't care" Monica blurted. Dele signed and walked towards the wardrobe, he had settled in Monica's house. He opened the door to the wardrobe to take a shirt.

"Where do you think you are going!" Monica barked as Dele wore the shirt.

"Home" Dele answered, rather too calmly for the barking.

"Oh, you are going nowhere!" She yelled as she rushed out of the bed and stood in front of Dele, her hands akimbo.

"Monica let me leave!" Dele blurted " I've not seen Derin in months now" he whined.

"Stop whining my friend. Look at me! I don't care I don't give a damn. All I know is we are both going to have a nice time tonight so you're not going nowhere" Monica yelled. Dele who was frustrated went back to the bad and sat on it, he just realized he has gotten himself in some deep deep trouble. And the trouble was short, plumpy, dark, and staring him in the face.

"You stop seeing any members of your family until I say so! Or else our secret will be out in the open. And you know, I have nothing to lose", she said.

"Come on! Monica we don't have to get to that, we can solve this" Dele cried. " And even if you don't have something to lose, what about your daughter, what about my children. They know nothing about this!" Dele explained hoping Monica would be rational enough to see reason, but nope! That wasn't going to work.

"Yeah! They would have to pay for being born to useless parents. Well, Maria as nothing much to lose either. She has always been rejected since she's from a broken family. Your daughters own will be worse and I laugh at that image in my head. Especially that one that just called, so rude!" Monica said laughing.

"What! My daughter called?" Dele said standing up from the bed, he got no response from Monica and then rushed to pick his phone. He checked his call log and saw Anne's name on the last call. His heart skipped as he saw the name, Anne most not know!

Luckily for him, the phone was on an automatic record of all phone calls, a feature he always hated, but didn't have time to change, today it was to be useful for him.

He rushed to where the recording would be on the phone and listened to it. Anne was home!!! He sighed as Monica hadn't said too much, he believed if he got home early he would be able to lie his way out of the mess.

He picked up his car keys and rushed out of the room, Monica followed him and held his hands at the entrance.

"Where do you think you are going!!!" She barked.

"I need to see my daughter!" Dele yelled too. "And you are more vicious than I thought. I'm ending this!!!" Dele snapped and jerked out of her grip.

Monica clapped her hands and started laughing.
"See men oo," she said gesturing her hands and throwing them in the air. " You want to use and dump me too abi, in this my condition". Monica asked.

Dele was confused about what condition she was talking about. "What condition? I'm out of here!" He snapped and started walking away.

"Pastor Adewale Oladele!" Monica called his full name.

"I'm pregnant".

••••••••••••••••••

Anne had cried for over twenty-five minutes, her mom was still fast asleep. She felt really sorry for her. She couldn't still understand, why her father would cheat on her.

Her father arguably the most influential spiritual leader in the state. How? What happened? She was extremely disappointed in her father.

Anne was not the one to keep secrets to herself, so she grabbed her phone and put a call through to her sister Jemima.

She picked on the third dial.

"Hello Anne," Jemima said.

"Jemi, you wouldn't believe what I just found out!" She said in a teary voice not answering her sister's greeting.

"Okay! Calm down, explain what's happening" Jemima said.

"Okay," Anne started. " I came home today to give our parents a surprise visit. But I got home and found mom drunk and unconscious. I got her to be conscious for a while but she started saying incomprehensible things I thought was rubbish" she paused.

" She slept off and I called Dad to let him know I was home. But a woman picked it up, I was surprised because she told me I can't see my father. I took mom's phone and stumbled on her messages, I mistakenly read their conversation only to find out Dad had been cheating. Can you believe that!" Anne said as she cried heavily, her voice was barely audible.

" Ohh," Jemima said. Her response surprising Anne, she started thinking widely and spoke up.

"Wait Jemima, did you know about this?" Anne asked.

"Errr" Jemima sighed. "I'm sorry?"

"Gosh! You knew about this all along!!!"

Please vote, comment and share 💖💖💖