Chapter 23

" Come out here oo, You cursed child. I know it is because of you your parents died, you killed them. But you ehn, you will not kill me. In my own house? come out of there, or I will break that door, come and explain, who is the father of that bastard inside of you".

That's Toni's Aunt, Olamide.

And yeah,Toni is pregnant.

Toni was in her room, torn and weeping profusely. Her life was a joke, she hated her existence, here she was pregnant. Again. But this time her Aunt had found out before she could take her usual steps. Abort.

She feared for her life, she knew the minute she got out of that room would be the end of her. With her angry and mentally derailed aunt, stamping her foot on the floor of the sitting room.

She was probably holding something capable of ending her life with her there and now. Toni rolled on the floor and continued to cry.

There was no one to talk to, she had cut off from her only friend Jemima. She believed Jemima was too perfect to have her, a loser and hopeless person as a friend. Only if Jemima knew all the things her friend had done, she would be the one to cut ties with her.

She was unfit and desired death, several thoughts ran through her mind. She wanted to die but she didn't want to be killed by a lunatic. She would wait till everywhere seemed quiet and she would sneak out of the house.

She needed to live the life meant for her, the life of a complete loser and a condemned child. She couldn't go to the one responsible for her pregnancy, that would be seeking Satan to do the killing himself.

The father was to be a secret, yes a secret. She would never be able to tell.

•••••••••••

" What?! That's hilarious mehn" I laughed at Ephraim's joke as I walked Into the gate of the hostel.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Ephraim asked.

" Yes, tomorrow".

Our eyes locked eachother's as I couldn't help but swallow saliva at the breathtaking beauty in front of me. Ephraim coughed bringing me back to the present.

"Okay then"

" Okay" I muttered. Ephraim turned his back to leave but turned back again pulling me into a deep tight hug, that lasted for more seconds a normal hug should have. I heard the thump-thump of my heart beating as he released the hug.

"Bye Jemi, I....." he stuttered.

"What?" I asked

" Never mind, take care of your leg" he said as he pecked my cheek, making my filled with excitement inside.

" Bye"

" Bye Ephraim"

With my face red I walked up the stairs and into my hostel, for usual drama from the drama queen herself Fikayo.

I opened the door to my room and entered, closing it gently I walked past Fikayo and her friends who were sitted on Fikayo's bed.

" Good evening girls" I said as I dropped my bag on my table.

" Hey you" Fikayo said aggressively as she stood up.

" Hello" I said playfully a smile plastered on my face as I turned to look at her.

" What's the meaning of that thing you were doing with my boyfriend down there?!!" She yelled as she pointed down. She was definitely referring to the hug and peck.

" I don't know what you are talking about" I replied as I started unbuttoning my shirt.

" Oh you want to play dumb now right? Well done". She said clapping. I smirked as I removed my shirt and motioned for the bathroom. "Will you come back here, I'm not done talking to you!" She yelled.