Book 1~Chapter 5~Feelings

Mikos was standing right in front of me, breathing heavy and staring down into my eyes. Even though I was used to be seen in my robe I suddenly felt naked.
"Ava, I won't pressure you and I won't do anything you don't want me to, but I need to get this off my chest.. I didn't want to believe it but the more I keep it in the more I fall for you.. Ava, I would kill for you, even myself... I want to make you feel safe and loved.. I want to be with you, day and night.." his hands were on my hips and my hands automatically found his neck. I knew in the end I would probably end up with either him or Sage.. and even though Zac seemed to not leave my head.. I knew this was the right thing to do.. I won't be able to be with someone like Zac..

So I kissed Mikos and he kissed me back, deepening it by every second. I jumped onto him and he held me up effortlessly, without breaking the kiss. Moments later I was pressed against the wall.
And for the first time we were able to breathe. He looked into my eyes with such love it almost overwhelmed me.
"You're so perfect.."he said. I just smiled at him and started kissing him again. This time I wandered to his ear and kissed the spot just below and then on to his neck. He sighed and brought me over to my bed, where we lied down together and things turned heated.

A few months went by. Being with Mikos was great. He's gentle and caring and loving and I'm not going to lie he was great with everything physical. But even though I really tried to fall for him, Zac still appeared in my head regularly. God how I would love to look into his beautiful eyes once more.
"Ava! Get down here!"Dad screamed and I got downstairs.
"What is it?"
"Look at this."he said and let something play on TV.
"Dear Sinfloyd pack,
We need your help. Dracos Lecroix, and his vampires and the wolf pack of Sirius Murphy are threatening us. Me and my son.
And we came to realize we can't fight them, we need you to help us.
We understand this must be surprising to you and we know this will still cost us greatly, but we're sure if we work together just this once, we can both be stronger than ever.
So please consider and let us know by the next full moon."
The President. Zac is in danger? I saw my eyes light up in a reflection of a window.
"Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you."Mikos came up to me from behind and put his arms around me.
"I'm not a baby, Mikos.... Dad, what are you thinking?"
"It could just be a trap, honestly.. but the President really did seem worried, we'll at least talk to him. As long as we don't know what possible outcomes there are we won't decide anything."Dad explained. And so it happened.

One week later my father and I were on our way to dinner with the President and Zac. I was so nervous. And these damn eyes keep reminding me that I fell for a darn human. But I can't hide that I'm excited to see him again.
When we arrived at the White House there was a whole army of policemen and FBI people. I got out of the car and waited for dad to get around the car. On the top of the steps Zac and his father appeared. Dad elbowed me in the side and nodded in the direction of two very nervous highly armed policemen. We went and stood right in front of them.
In my head I counted to three and: "BOO!" Dad and I said at the same time. They shreaked and we laughed and went up the stairs.
"Put out all the stops for us, huh?"Dad joked.
"You're still the most feared man in America we wouldn't let our guard down even if we work with you."the President said and led my dad in. Zac came up to me.
"That's one way to arrive.. you look stunning."
I had one of my favorite dresses on. A black leather dress without sleeves and with a belt. With that I wore my usual High Heels, my hair open and just a tiny amount of Make-Up.
"Your suit looks as boring as ever."I said and walked in after my dad.
"Well.. thanks.."I heard Zac giggle and a second later he fell into step with me.

Before we started talking about anything we actually had dinner. Just when the dessert had arrived the President started talking about what the threat actually was.