Book 1~Chapter 12~Scared

We all tried to sleep. I heard John talking to my Dad in the other room.
"She's more dangerous than even you knew and you're her father. How could you promise me she won't kill us all?"
"She won't.."
I drowned out their voices and tried not to cry.
"Hey... you alright?"Zac suddenly sat in front of me.
"Aren't you scared of me?"I asked.
"Why would I?"he asked. I was confused.
"Because right now, for the first time in my life.. I'm scared of myself.."I explained.
"I won't say it too loud, but.. I know deep down you're a good person, you hear me?"
He looked at me for a second then gave me a kiss and then he went back to where he was lying to sleep. I fell asleep before our dads came back into the room.

When I woke up I was surprised to only see my Dad sitting against the wall next to me.
"Where's the President?"I asked.
"He decided to go on his own from now on."Dad said.
"And Zac?"
"Went with him..." a little part in me was hurting but the rest of me understood him. He loves his dad, just like I love mine. I'm sure he would kill for his too, if he had to.
"So what do we do now?"I asked.
"We keep fighting. Roger, Sage, Tom and Mikos are on their way. I told them not to search for us though, they're going to fight every vampire and werewolf in their way.. and we'll do the same."Dad said.
"And the normal people?"
"There's a safe zone. Once we have a group of them we bring them there."he explained.

Days went by. Days full of fighting and running, screaming people, dead bodies and more fighting. Through all of it I saw my father glowing every time we had brought people to safety. And the growing amount of people in the safe zone told me that Zac was most definitely still out there.
Today we decided to take a break in the safe zone. We got some water and bread.
"Dad?"
"Yeah"
"When you found out I was into Zac, you didn't get mad because of mom, right?" I can't lie that's been brewing in my head for a while now.
"Yeah.. I always knew if you ever fell for a human I couldn't do anything about it.. And just so you know, there could be a future for you and him, just like there was one for me and your mom.. I just.. I think I'm not ready to let you go.. accepting that you're your own person now..."he said and we looked at each other, tired but knowing nothing would break us apart.
"There's just the thing that.. if there's true love between you two and you and Zac would, you know.. sleep with each other.. he'd partly be one of us, he wouldn't have the same power, but the lighting up of the eyes and his sense of hearing would probably improve, could be anything really..."Dad explained.
And I was really quiet suddenly.
"Ava?..." I didn't dare to look at him.
"Oh god.. it already happened, didn't it?"he asked.
"..maybe?.. but his eyes didn't light up, nothing about him changed." I said.
"It takes time, your mom's powers only took a few hours to show themselves, but it can take weeks, sometimes even months."he explained.
"I miss him."I said.
"I know you do... and for what it's worth, I hope you'll see each other again."Dad smiled down at me.
I put my head on his shoulder and half an hour later we went back out there and fought.

More days went by, the clouds were getting darker every day but we won't give up.
The safe zone was full with people, which was good and bad. On one hand we knew we had helped a lot of people, on the other there were a lot more that needed help. I don't even really know what exactly our plan is, besides getting people to safety.
But right now I had other things to worry about, how to get away from the bomb that just almost fell onto me for example. I started running and hid behind a brick wall.
"Ava."
"Uncle Roger." I was relieved to see him and we hugged.
A loud bang made us jump a little.
"How's Sigma? Are you ok?"he asked.
"We're fine. He stayed closer to the safe zone. The President and Zac left us though.. I'm pretty sure they're bringing people into the safe zone too though.."I explained.
"Where are the others?"I asked.
"Right here." I looked up and saw all three of them standing on the brick wall.
We all hugged.
"I can't believe I'm happy to see you."I said.
"Aw.. we missed you too."Sage joked and we all giggled.
"So? Let's get people to safety! Chop chop!"I said jokingly and started running again.
"One month on her own with her father and she thinks she's the boss."Roger laughed.