Book 1~Chapter 2~In My Head

Zacs PoV:
It took a while to calm Dad down after the alarm went off. This happened from time to time, the alarm goes off but nothing happened. I talked to our security multiple times because of it, but they couldn't make out what went wrong. Knowing my Dad was probably falling asleep soon, I went into the living room and poured myself a Whiskey.
That woman just doesn't leave my head anymore. Her eyes almost seemed like there was an actual light in them, her lips looked so soft, her dark golden hair shimmered like stars in the night sky and let's not talk about the perfectly fitted dress. Who was she? Why have I never met her before? How unfaced she was while helping my father out of the Capitol, how she didn't even care his son was right in front of her. It was new to me that she didn't try and immediately hit on me, the second my dad revealed I was his son. And maybe that was all that made her so fascinating to me.

Avas PoV:
A few days later, the missing ring was all over the news. But not just like we expected. Turns out, what the President was wearing was only a  replicant of  the actual ring. Dad wasn't happy about it and I wasn't either because now, the vampires and the wolfs would definitely send their people to get the ring. Tom, Sage, Roger and Mikos, who were part of our circle, were here and Dad walked through the living room deep in thought.
"What if Ava got married to one of us? Would that help?"Sage asked, he was my age and we were pretty close when we were kids. In an instant Dad stood directly in front of him.
"Want to ask that again?"
Sage didn't dare to say anything, I think he even stopped breathing for a second there.
"Would it help though?"I asked. Dad turned towards me.
"No... no, it wouldn't.."he said regretfully.
"What kind of pact is it anyways?" I asked.
"A blood swear... I only agreed to it because they promised to help your mother... I should've known they were only out to get you."Dad said.
"As if I am what they actually want.. what they want is the kind of power we have.." I said.
"You're right... but they won't get it, they won't get the ring, they won't get you and they won't get the power. I won't let that happen."Dad said while he sat down beside me.
"I know.. so what do we do?"I asked.

"There's some kind of ball next week, we could try again."Roger mentioned.
"And we will, until then we have to find out everything we can about the ring and where the original is."
And so we got to work and did everything that was possible to find out more about the ring.
Besides that, I knew what was on the line. My father could get out of the swear. The thing with blood swears is that you can only get out with blood, fresh blood right out of your heart. So if we don't get the ring, I know I'll lose my father.
I was looking at old camera footage of the Capitol and the White House when Sage came into the room.
"Hey... how are you doing?"he asked.
"How would I be doing? It's either me or my Dad..."I said while I finally saw something interesting on the screen.
"Ava, I just want you to know, whatever happens, you won't be on your own.. I'll always be here, right by your side."he explained.
"That's great, but I think the sentiment is unnecessary.. because I just found out where the ring is."I called for everyone to get here and showed them the footage that showed a staff member exchanging the rings with the President and I know where to the door goes that they went through.

"Roger this is your job."Dad said.
"No! I'll do it."I said.
"Ava, you won't leave the grounds from now on."my father said.
"What? That's not fair!"
"Ava, it's too dangerous for you out there, right now."Mikos came towards me and dried the single tear that went down my cheek.
"But this is about my life.."I almost whispered.
"I know, but I just don't want anything to happen to you."Dad said putting his hands on my shoulders, while standing behind me.
"I did things worse than stealing a ring, Dad!"
"I know!.. The vampires and wolfs will probably be there too, what if they get you?"
"They won't! I wouldn't go on my own, Roger and Mikos could have an eye on everything."I explained.
"Are you really sure you want to do that?"Dad asked after a deep breath.
"One hundred percent."