Book 1~Chapter 9~Dark Days

"Is it night time or day right now?"the President asked while we were in the living room.
"It's night time."I answered.
"Does it ever get brighter here?"Zac asked.
"No...not really.."I said.
"By the way, don't even think about going out there on your own, you'll only get lost, and don't leave any doors or windows open."Roger explained.

Later that night I decided I wanted to take a bath, but this time I wanted to visit a spot my mom would take me to when I was little. It was a beautiful little lake with a waterfall. The water shimmered in blue and green light and it was delicately warm, besides that it was the only water in our woods that wasn't poisonous. So I put on a bikini and my robe over it and went downstairs. Just when I had reached the door a voice appeared behind me.
"What are you doing?"Zac asked and I turned around to him.
"Visiting one of my favorite spots."I said.
"Isn't it dangerous for you to go out there on your own?"he was worried.
"Not really.. but if it would make you feel better you can come with me." I was surprised by myself, I never showed that spot to anyone, not even Dad. I'm pretty sure he knows about it though.

Zac followed me through the woods.
"You know what's surprising to me?"he asked.
"What?"
"That I can actually see things now, when we arrived I didn't think my eyes could adjust to such darkness."he said.
"I actually thought it would be harder for you too..."I answered.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see."I said and just kept walking. But I heard that Zac had stopped walking, so I turned around.
"I won't kill you.. besides, if you really want to stay there, I can't promise you you'll find your way home."I said.
He smiled and started walking again and soon we were at the lake.
"Wow.."Zac said while taking in the scenery.
"My mom used to take me here when I was little, I learned how to swim in here." I said and opened up my robe.
"What are you doing?"Zac asked.
"Taking a bath.."I said let my robe fall to the ground and went into the water.
When I turned around I saw Zac watching me intently.
"Want to join me?"I asked.

Without hesitation he took off his pants and his button up shirt and in his boxers he came into the water. When I saw his body for the first time without clothing, I felt my eyes light up and butterflies in my stomach. I went down into the water and swam a few meters, then came back up. Zac swam up to me.
"What are you doing to me?"he asked, his words barely louder than a breath.
"Nothing.."I said out of pure reflex.
He came a little closer.
"You know, my dad warned me about you.. told me whenever I felt drawn to you I shouldn't trust it.. because you probably put something in my food or something.. but I don't believe you did that.."he said questioningly.
"I didn't..."I said.
He put his hand on my cheek, held my head still and we kissed.
But I broke the kiss.
"This isn't right.. we won't have a future together.. it won't work.."I said turning away from him.
"Let's not focus on the future then.. let's just focus on right now.. I'm not ready to let this moment pass.."he said and swam in front of me.
His hands were on my hips by now.
Fighting with myself I hesitated. I don't want this moment to end but I know if I don't stop now I risk to just fall deeper.
But I just couldn't resist. I gave in to the craving to kiss, to touch him and soon our bodies were joined together. Never had anything felt more perfect to me. Never had I felt so safe, so whole inside myself.

We were laying on a stone that was warm of the steam coming out of the lake. Zac was laying behind me. His breath tickled the skin on my neck and he drew lazy circles on my arm with his fingers.
Then he kissed my shoulder. I didn't want this to end but what just happened made it harder to go home now. I turned on my back and looked into his eyes.
"That was beautiful.."he said with such love in his eyes I wanted to cry.
"It was..." I said, he smiled and kissed me again and again.
"We should go back.. before my father sends a search party.."I said and pushed Zac away.
We stood up and put my clothes back on.
"Ava? I know you're scared.. I am too.. but I never felt like this before towards someone.. I won't tell anyone about it but I won't let you go.."Zac said.
I walked up to him and put a strand of hair off his forehead and looked deep into his eyes.
"See how bright my eyes are shining right now? It's because of you.. because you make me feel something I thought I never would... let's keep this a secret as long as we can.. make it last as long as we can.. but there really is no future for us.. your people are scared to death when they see my dad or me and my people dislike you just as much.."I explained.
We shared one more kiss then went back home.