Book 1~Chapter 17~Keep Fighting

Sigmas PoV:
The night came and we were still fighting. The rain still poured down on us. Right when I thought where the hell the others were, Mikos, Sage, Tom, Smarag and the President came into view and started fighting with us. By now I was fighting Sirius and glad to let Mikos take over.
"Took you long enough." I said while keeping his back cleared.
"We were held up by some nice one on ones with wolves."he said.
Suddenly Ava came to my mind. Where is she? What's taking them so long?
I know how fast she usually is and I don't think Zac and Heath are much slower than her.
But I didn't have much time to think about that. So I just kept fighting. All night long we fought and fought and fought. Just when it got brighter again only Sirius was left and I think just now he noticed he had lost.
"Let's end this."I said and ran towards him ramming my blade into his chest and finally it was done. Sirius was dead. The War was over.
I expected Ava to come to me now but she didn't. She still wasn't here. I looked over to the  President who seemed to be searching for his son too.

Zacs PoV:
Rain poured onto us while we searched our way to the others. Ava was getting weaker and weaker by the hour. Suddenly she broke down  next to me.
"I can't.." she gasped out of breath.
"It's alright just stay with me, ok? Don't fall asleep."I said worried sick for her.
"What's up?"Heath came to us.
"She can't walk anymore."I said and put her onto my arms, so I can carry her.
"The wolves seem to be called to fight where the others should be.. which at least gives us a chance to get there safely."Heath explained.

So we started walking again but we needed to take breaks. By now Ava was shaking and developed a fever and I wasn't sure if it was because of the cold rain or because of the wound.

"Zac?.. Are we home yet?"she asked, laying in my arms in a shed we were once more hiding in. She hadn't been sleeping but I don't think she knows what's happening around her anymore.
"No.. not yet.. but we will be soon... and then we'll build a home together, just like we imagined all those weeks ago.. and I'm going to make you my wife and we'll have children.. beautiful little babies.." I said while fighting against my own tears. Scared I might lose her. Never had I felt this kind of love before. I wasn't ready to let her go.

We had the hopefully last part before us now. We started walking and though it still rained the sky seemed to brighten.
Ava was in my arms, weak and shaking.
"Need to.. see.. Dad.."she said, her words just almost a whisper.
"You will.. I promise.."I said while I kept walking.
Heath was having an eye out for any attackers but nothing happened.
By the time the others were in sight Ava didn't react anymore.
"We're here Ava. We found your Dad."I said tiredly, eyes full of tears.
"Help! Please help her!"I screamed relieved to finally be where we needed to be but full of fear. Her dad came running towards us and once Ava was safe in his arms I broke down crying.

Sigmas PoV:
After waiting for what felt like hours, finally Heath, Zac and Ava were in view but not in the shape I expected. Zac was carrying Ava.
And once I heard him scream out for help I ran towards them. The second Ava was in my arms he broke down crying. I looked at my daughter in my arms, barely looking alive.
"What happened?"I asked, my heart shattering.
"A wolf got his paw on her hip. We did everything we could.."Heath explained.
"Ava? Hey.. babygirl.. you'll be alright, ok? You'll be alright.."I said not sure of my own words.
"Let's get her to a medical camp. She needs help."John said and lead us to the nearest medical camp there was.

While doctors took care of Ava, the air in the room we waited in were thick with worry.
"Thank you.. for bringing my daughter to safety.. risking your own health for it."I said to Zac who looked like he didn't sleep in weeks.
He didn't say anything, he just looked at me.
"When she's through this, I 'll make her my wife.."he said..
I just smiled at him and nodded, while everyone seemed to expect a more aggressive reaction.
"You do that, son.."I finally said.
"You're ok with that?"the President asked.
"What can I say? Look at his lit up eyes, look at what he did to get her to safety.. he got my respect and I don't want to be in the way of true love.. Besides that I have a feeling we wouldn't have a say in it either way.."I said thinking about Nora, my beautiful wife. Back then our parents weren't happy either, but we didn't let each other go.