Too deep

Recap:

Shikamaru sighed at the sight of blood on the ground and stared at the girl who caused it.

     "I didn't sign up to get slaughtered by a pink haired girl thank you very much"

-

"What the hell did he do to my body? it's so strained" she whispered sitting up in the white bed to peer at the other person next to her.

'I'm in a room? but how? we're still supposed to be in the forest' she thought watching the rise and fall of the stranger's chest next to her.

"What exactly happened?"

-

"Sakura!" a voice chirped slamming the door open and jumping on her bed.

"Haku you idiot! she's still injured!" Naruto screamed attempting to push the feminine boy out the way with little success.

Haku ignored Naruto and instead hugged her in a tight embrace. "How are you feeling?" he asked in a whisper against her ear which made her flinch away. Haku raised his eyebrow before mentally slapping himself "sorry I just haven't seen you in a few days"

"It's fine but that did hurt like shit" she said with a laugh positioning herself on the side of the bed to look at them. Haku smiled in understanding while Naruto gazed at her in an unreadable expression.

     "Why do you always do that?" He questioned which received a confused look on her part. "You always laugh off our concern and questions" he continued sadly looking towards the door.

Silence came after his sentence and Sakura had no idea what to say. 'Since when did he get so aggressive?' she thought looking at his hurt expression. "Sorry Sakura-chan I guess I'm getting in your business again" he said walking out calmly with slam of the door.

'He's still not over it?' She thought clicking her tongue. It was hard when Naruto was upset with her.

Haku glanced at her in sympathy "You should tell us..." he said trailing off before giving her a small smile. "You can trust us you know?" he said attempting to reassure her.

Sakura stared to the beeping machine for a few seconds before replying. "Yeah...I know". Haku seemed to understand her lack of talking and instead opened the door to step out without another word.

-

Looking towards the door she knew what was to come. 'I'll never trust you again, I'm in a far deeper hole than I was before!' Sakura thought not expecting to receive a reply from the voice in her head. 'Oh come on sweat heart! you dug that hole and it's just gonna get bigger' he chuckled before pausing 'That sounded a lot better in my head'

'shut it'

-

Sakura was surprised at the amount of contestants left over. Their team was lined up in rows in front of the 3rd Hokage along with Chunin and Sensei. They explained the next test as being a battle between two contestants known as the: preliminaries.

Sakura couldn't help but note how openly people were staring at her. 'Fuck they're staring at me, but I didn't do anything so...it's okay?' she thought nodding her head.

'You did nothing? you nearly fucking killed a guy! You took his damn eye and teased him with it, you call that nothing?!' He laughed at her discomfort. Sweat came down her forehead at his accusation. 'N-no you did it! You didn't do what I asked-' she was interrupted by a tap on her shoulder.

Snapping her head in their direction she let out a breath of air when she realized it was Kakashi.

There was no words spoken he merely stared at her nervous body language and sighed. "Sakura—are you up for this?" he asked softly ignoring the looks she was given by others around her.

In that instant she felt like she would rather go back to the 'Forest of death'

"Ye-yes?" she stuttered out in question not meeting his eye. Kakashi stared at her and chuckled "are you asking me?" he asked glancing behind him where the sound ninja were observing her.

"Did you do anything to make them upset?" He asked nodding in the direction of the three sound ninja.

Sakura looked towards the three and scoffed. How much more could she take?

"Never met those people in my life"

-