Strike three

Recap:

'Anger looks better on you babe'

-

     "...so I was like this and that—and then he started to scream and bam I hit him again!" Naruto said blabbing on as they continued their journey through the vast number of ominous trees. Naruto blabbed on about his fight with the rain ninja seeming to forget his anger. Indeed Naruto was a simple one.

     Sasuke gave him a glare, which got ignored by the excited blond who was too excited to tell his story.

      "Shut it Sasuke you're just upset you needed my expert ninja skills!" He said pointing towards the pale male who ignored him with little effort. "Guys I feel like that could happen again" she said which made them pause in their argument.

     Sasuke seemed to agree with a nod of his head. "We need a code or some sort of line we recite in order to identify ourselves, so we don't get in the same situation as the idiot here" Sasuke said leaning on a tree for support.

     "Uh—what are you guys talking about?" Naruto asked scratching his head sheepishly. "We're trying to figure out a way to know if anyone of us is an imposter" She said to him in a way that wouldn't be confusing.

     "Oh! How about we name different ramen?!" Naruto said as drool seemed to flow out his mouth which received a disgusted face from Sasuke.  "No idiot" he said in annoyance and suddenly nodded his head in confirmation.

     "When does a ninja strike?"

'Strike one'

-

     They decided to go by a code that was taught in the academy and should be easy for anyone of them to remember (except Naruto), so they continued on their journey to find an opposite scroll of their own.

     "Kami I'm starving guys!" Naruto said throwing his hands up followed by the growl of his stomach. "We can't find any food right now we have to keep moving" Sasuke said in a bored tone.

     "I'm sure we'll pass some food along the way Naruto" she said in assurance trying to keep him in a good mood. Naruto gave her a teary gaze with snot coming out his nostril in response. 'Ew'

     A gust of wind blew her hair suddenly blocking her eyesight. Moving her pink locks aside she let out a breath of air when it stopped. "That was weird" Naruto said rubbing his cheek until an even stronger gust of wind passed over them successfully carrying Naruto away.

     Sakura who attempted to grab his hand fell flat on her arm skimming it slightly and bothering the bandages she still had on her abdomen from the wave mission.

'Strike two darling' the voice said with an amused tone. 'What are you talking about?' she asked getting up off the ground and ignoring Sasuke's hand of assistance. 'Cause you hate it?' he replied joyfully.

     Swallowing slightly she looked towards Sasuke who was facing away from her with annoyance. "I honestly don't understand you" she said to the male who frowned, but ignored her.

     Naruto suddenly came out from wherever the wind took him and approached them with his hands up. "Hey guys I'm back!" He said scratching his cheek. Sakura narrowed her eyes which he noticed immediately and raised an eyebrow at her. "What's wrong Sakura-Chan?" He replied tilting his head and attempting to approach them.

     "Recite the code!" Sasuke said pointing a dagger to the blond in question. "Oh sure! When does a ninja strike..." he said reciting the whole sentence easily without error.

     Sasuke then threw a dagger at Naruto who jumped back just in time to dodge the hit and see it lodge into the tree behind him. "What the hell is your problem?!" He asked angrily dislodging the dagger from it's place and pointing it towards the black haired male.

     "We didn't just make that for any reason, we know Naruto, and we know he would never remember something as complicated and long as that" he said getting in position to fight.

     Suddenly a cackle came out of the Naruto, which looked way too wrong coming out of the goofy blonds mouth. A long tongue slid out his mouth licking the dagger suggestively which gave her an all too familiar chill to her bones.

     "I knew there was a reason I wanted to test you my Sasuke-kun—show me more" they said before a poof of smoke surrounded their body transforming into the very last person she wanted to see. "Orochimaru" she said widening her eyes to stare at the golden eyes that seemed to haunt her.

     "Hmm—you seem to know me, which is strange..." they said attempting to approach her which was blocked by Sasuke.

     "That's right Sasuke-kun show me what you can do—although the pink one may be a little more tasty right now" he said licking his lips.

As Sakura looked in the eyes of their enemy all she saw was her reflection in those mustard colored eyes.

'Oh god pinky three strikes is just too much you're out'

-
Thank you for reading!