Lay low

Recap:

Sakura looked towards the three and quickly turned away.

"Never met those people in my life."

-

Walking up the many steps in the large room, Sakura felt eyes gazing at her in every direction. Ignoring their looks deemed unsuccessful as she felt herself stumble a bit before reaching the top. 'Why am I the center of attention?' she thought to herself, carefully glancing both ways to see people peeking at her. The voice in her head didn't answer, which made her all the more anxious.

There was no way around the suspicious looks she received.

Kakashi stood next to her and glanced at her fidgety stance. "You wanna tell me what happened?" he asked her carefully. Glancing towards the silver-haired male, she whispered a quick 'no' before scooting away from her team to stand a distance away from them.

     Naruto glared towards her in annoyance before folding his arms with a huff while Sasuke rolled his dark eyes. Haku patted the blond's back to calm him down before smiling in her direction. Sakura ignored their whispering and instead stared at the black screen that shuffled different names.

     Sasuke v. Yoroi flashed on the black screen, alerting the genin for the first battle. Sasuke looked towards the screen in determination jumping over the ledge to land on his feet.

     A man no older than 40 came into the room with a rattle-like cough and eye bags worse than her own. Sakura raised an eyebrow at the brown-haired male now known as Hayato. Coughing every few seconds into his hand before he could finish a sentence.

     Sasuke and Yoroi stood opposite each other, both attempting to size the other one up. When Hayato finally raised his hand, they clashed.

-

Sasuke's battle was indeed widespread and the most anticipated one yet. Everyone wanted to know just how much the last Uchiha had grown. Sakura stared at the man known as Yoroi in fascination, never before seeing an ability so different before. 'How can he even steal strength like that?' she thought, leaning forward on the balcony ledge.

Sakura had to admit that Sasuke fought with everything he had, but something felt...different. "This didn't happen before," she whispered silently to herself. 'Something's up,' she thought, glancing at her team.

'They probably think I'm being overdramatic again; but who's fault is that?' she thought, staring back at the fight that now came to an end. 'Maybe it's always been my fault'

Sasuke v. Yoroi —winner Sasuke

Sakura widened her eyes at the outcome of the battle  expecting him to win. Rubbing her forehead, she let out a sigh and attempted to wait for the next battle. 'Headaches come more often these days and these visions are starting to make me nervous' she thought in annoyance, feeling a tap on her shoulder.

Turning her head slightly, she grimaced at the sight of Hinata Hyuuga. 'What does she want?' she thought with a raised eyebrow.

Hinata gave her a shy smile and simply stood next to the pinkette in silence. 'Why did she come over here just to stand by me?' She thought in more annoyance.

"Hyuuga-san, did you want something?" Sakura asked harsher than she meant to, which startled the shy girl. "I—I just thought you looked lonely..." she said, trailing off to fiddle with her fingers.

Sakura glanced at the black-haired girl before turning back to the arena where the black screen displayed the next two names to battle.

Shino v. Zaku

-

Sakura felt as if Hinata was pitying her, and it kind of upset her. Pity wasn't a bad thing, but it made you feel like shit. There was no reason for the Hyuuga to attempt to console her.It started to make her feel irritated at the random attempt at conversation the shy girl tried to have.

Not once did Sakura come into contact with the Hyuuga heir in the academy. When she thought about it, she never really got to talk with any of her classmates due to her infatuation with the lone Uchiha.

'I hate this,' she thought with a grumble surprising the milky-eyed girl. "I'm sorry if I'm a nuisance, Haruno-san—my sensei thought it would be best to try and help you feel better," Hinata said, stumbling on some words.

Sakura widened her eyes at the girl, which received a confused look. "You mean Kurenai-sensei told you to come talk to me?" Sakura asked in suspicion, which got a flustered look from the Hyuuga.

"No-no, I wanted to speak to you for a while and see if you were okay, you've been acting strange, and Kurenai-sensei said maybe I could...never mind" she paused before looking down. Sakura narrowed her eyes and glanced at Hinata's teacher with suspicion.

Kurenai seeming to feel the gaze peered over at the pinkette in surprise, which immediately changed into an unreadable expression.

Sakura could barely trust her team nowadays, but it seemed like a lot more people were just as untrustworthy. It wasn't Hinata's fault, but she was too pissed to care.

"Kankuro v. Tsurugi!"

'Great, I missed the previous fight dealing with nosy people'

-
Sorry if this chapter is boring; I kind of wanted to have Sakura interact with some characters that she's never really spoken with before.