Remain

Recap:

"Kankuro v. Tsurugi!"

'Great, I missed the previous fight dealing with nosy people'

-
      Sakura remained silent in front of the timid Hyuuga. There was no trust she had towards the shy girl now that she realized the reason she was near. 'Can't trust anyone'

     Sakura wasn't sure what that insane voice did in her body in the forest, but whatever it was made everyone keep watching her. 'Steer clear' she thought before taking off towards the restroom before her arm was gripped by another.

    "Why won't you speak to us?" Kakashi asked holding her arm in a tight hold. Sakura frowned at him and noticed her team waiting for an answer. "What do you mean? I'm just going to the bathroom" she said roughly snatching her arm away.

     "You're seriously trying to distance yourself again?!" Naruto said loudly alerting those around them. "Could we possibly speak about this another time?" Sakura asked narrowing her eyes at the usually enthusiastic blond. "Why-" Naruto started off before he was interrupted by Sasuke.

     "No use making a scene here people are watching" he said nodding at the bystanders. Sakura sighed before turning on her heel to go to the bathroom.

-
     Looking at the mirror in disgust she attempted to rinse the dirt and grime from her hair. It seemed like her hair got dirtier nowadays. "Sakura!" A familiar voice screamed near the bathrooms door. There stood Ino Yamanaka with a scowl on her face. Sakura raised an eyebrow at the blond.

     "What do you want?" She asked looking back at the mirror to splash water on her face. "I want to know what your problem is?! I keep trying to speak to you and you ignore me" she said coming to turn the faucet off. "We weren't arguing...it's nothing for you to worry about" she replied moving around Ino to head to the door.

     Ino gripped her hand before she could touch the door handle. "I'm trying to understand why you're acting this way! You've been weird since our graduation!" Sakura was beyond surprised at the sheer concern Ino was showing.

   'Why are people steadily grabbing me today?' she thought with a sigh. "Ino thank you for the concern, but I'm fine...we should get back" she said pulling her arm away before walking out.

     'You couldn't possibly help me anyways...because even I'm blind to what's happening'

-

     Sakura walked towards her team who seemed to be waiting for her to come back out. Haku spotted her first and waved slightly in her direction. No matter how untrustworthy Hinata was she would rather deal with the shy girl than her teammates.

     Going towards her original spot she stood next to the empty space of Hinata who smiled in her direction. Ignoring the glares of her teammates and sensei she glanced towards the opposite side of the staircase. Ino was just now coming out the restrooms with attitude in her step.

     'I just can't seem to get along with anyone these days' she thought in annoyance before dread came soon after.

Sakura v. Ino flashed on the black screen. Sakura felt a new headache coming on. 'No,no,no' she thought in panic hoping it was a mistake. How ironic was it for this to happen.

People seemed eager to see her fight while others were simply indifferent. Feeling a hand on her shoulder she jumped slightly. Kakashi stood there with his lone eye gazing in her direction.

"Good luck"

'Oh now you try to be a teacher?'

-

Standing across from the blond seemed unreal. Coughing loudly into his forearm Hayato raised his hand. "Start on three!"

1!

'I'm gonna just surrender'

2!

'I have to before he does something!'

3!

'Oh no you don't; we're just getting started'

-
Wow it's really 40 chapters in! Thanks for reading :) Anonymous_Artz for the amazing cover!