pilot chapter<3

<3

a sudden and ear-piercing scream sounding through the speaker of your phone woke you.

you sat up quickly, sweat dripping down your back as you looked around frantically.

as your mind caught up with you, you realized you were fine, just awake. dreadful, really. you blearily rubbed your eyes and calmed down, letting your eyes find the time on your phone screen. 8pm. "what the fuck saturn?" you mutter, voice thick with sleep. "You said to wake you up in two hours so you could stream, and so here we are," they responded cheerily, their amused smile audible in their tone."ah shit," you sighed as you rubbed your eyes again.

"you didnt sleep last night did you?" they asked. you rolled your eyes, "take a guess."

their laugh sounded through the speaker as you threw your warm blankets off yourself and slipped into the cool night air. your teeth chattered as your feet hit the cold hardwood floor and you kicked around, looking for your f/c sweatpants in the dark.

"hey" your feet hit the soft cloth.
"what?"
you slipped on the sweatpants and stretched your arms over your head, "send me another one of your hoodies."

saturn scoffed, "no, i only have one more."

you sighed, "if only you loved me."

you walked back to your bed and picked up your phone from the bedside table. saturn talked to you as you groggily unplugged the device and waddled over to your desk, plopping in the chair and turning on your computer. the lights from your keyboard and mouse illuminated your face as your monitors booted up. "did you hear about the new update?" saturn kept talking as you opened twitch, minecraft, and discord, not expecting you to answer, which you were grateful for. you werent much of a talker when you wake up.

"we're going to the kitchen, its an adventure," you mumbled to your friend on the phone as you swiped your phone from the desk next to you and standing up. "so help me y/n if youre getting another monster," they threatened as you navigated to your kitchen.

you felt a smile creep onto your face as you opened the fridge and pulled out the energy drink. "of course not, why would you think that?"

the noise of the can opening and the exaggerated sipping noise from your part mustve clued them into your sarcasm, they groaned. a satisfied smile sat on your face as you shuffled back to your room.

"i should start soon. are you gonna play with me?" you asked, preparing the twitch stream. you titled it "curb-stomp 4 curb-stomp?"

"no, im probably gonna actually get sleep." They responded in a mocking tone. "Oh screw off," you said, causing them to laugh, "yeah its like, what, 4am for you?"

"im an hour ahead of you jackass shut up."

you laughed, "Okay okay, go get some sleep now alright?"

"yeah okay whatever, good night y/n, i despise you."

"good night saturn."

you didnt know why you opened discord after they left, none of your friends stream, as much as you wanted them to.

since you started a year ago, youve asked a lot of your friends to start streaming as well, but none of them were ever really interested like you were. you met saturn on a server you were invited to a few months ago- you had looted their  entire base, left some flowers, and just like that a friendship was born. it turned out you lived not too far from them, so saturn turned into an irl!

they're visiting family right now, so they dont really have time to stream with you lately.

and so, in a tired daze, you pressed 'start stream'

"hey guys, i just woke up and im ready to fuck with shit."

~~

1 hour into the stream and a monster later, you were playing a game of bed wars squads on and as soon as you spawned all three of your teammates left. "im gonna get destroyed," you laughed as you ran back and forth between the gold generators.

"yknow what? im tired, its nine o clock at night, i'm not good at this game, fuck it," you quickly drank the rest of your monster and tossed it into the trash can next to the desk (you missed), "im storming them all."

you covered your bed with one layer of wool and started towards middle with nothing but a sword, a stack of blocks, and the clothes on your tired, aching, gamer back.

three minutes later, much to your own surprise, you had destroyed all the other team's beds, almost fell off the map at least twenty times, and had almost killed everyone else all on your own. "ive never done this well!!" you exclaimed breathily, an exhilarated smile on your face from the excitement and pride youd felt!

you idly noticed that one of the last three players coming at you had on a pig skin with a crown.

"technoblade never dies," you mumbled under your breath, a dumb tic you picked up a while ago, as you knock two players off the edge, temporarily forgetting you were streaming. Your twitch chat was flooded with your 250 something viewers excited comments as your face turned a dark red at the realization of what you just said. Glad you didnt have a face cam, you sat up in your chair and leaned closer to your mic, "chat, you didnt hear that, i said nothing."

The chat spammed with protests that they did, in fact, hear that.

Then, your phone buzzed and you glanced away from your monitor for a split second to check the notification.

two or three of your fans had clipped that and posted it to twitter, tagging you and Technoblade.

"Chat no, please, already? stop tagging him thats so embarrassing," you groaned, batting away another player.

"guys! oh my god be proud of me guys, im your streamer, brag about me im the best, i just won a game of bed wars with only a stone sword," you bragged, a smug smile on your face, "i am the best at this game."

Your phone buzzed again and you looked again, expecting to see another viewer tagged you in a post, but instead you found something else.

@/Technothepig followed you

You paused.

"no way," you mumbled yet again, going still in game as you reached for your phone.

"no fuckin' way."

you opened your phone and navigated to your twitter notifications. chat exploded with concern for your well-being, your words not betraying any emotions other than disbelief.

Sure enough, there it was.

The fucking Technoblade just followed you.

"Guys guys guys, chat, chat listen, listen to me chat, are you ready?" you leaned close to your microphone, "technoblade just followed me on twitter."

////////
1180 words

thank you!! bye :)