SMP 3

-quote from tubbo_

"what did you say to him?" you growled, standing up from your spot next to george and glowering at sapnap.

sap stood up with you, effectively diminishing your intimidation factor by at least fifty percent as you had to look up to look into his eyes. "if you were there twix- if you went through what we went through-"

"what did you say to him sapnap?" you spat. he blinked at you, shock clear on his face at the fire in your eyes.

"his exact words were, 'i dont think its gonna be tommy, its not gonna be techno dream. if you break out of this prison, its gonna be me who takes your final life.'" george muttered from behind you, a hint of venom seeping into his voice as he uttered the words Sapnap had said to Dream. you flinched, closing your eyes and balling your hands into fists. "i didnt say it in a hostile way! i-" "do you want to listen to the recording?" george asked sharply holding out a small device to sapnap.

"You told him," you repeated, "you were going to take his final life." you opened your eyes and looked at him. "right?"

sapnap avoided your gaze. "yeah..."

you felt a stinging feeling behind your eyes and you closed them again before any tears could form. you felt your body temperature rise, and heard a light gasp from behind you, but you ignored it in an attempt to push down your emotions. anger, sadness, and disappointment swirled through you like gusts of wind, fighting for control as if your mind were just a leaf being thrashed around in a tornado.

no one talked for a moment, sapnap not wanting you to yell at him again, and george trying not to blow up at sapnap himself. your head pounded with so many thoughts, you felt dizzy and weak thinking everything over.

as your temperature fell due to your anger losing the inner battle, so did your strength, and you started to shake slightly.

sapnap told dream he was going to kill him.

you felt your knees buckle, but with a swift rustling noise, george was up and catching you before you fully hit the floor. you and him slid to your knees, positioned where his arms were wrapped around your shoulders and you were leaned sideways into him. sitting on the floor in his arms, you opened your eyes a little. not even a second later, the salty liquid pooled in the corners of your eyes and fell in beads off your eyelashes. you looked up at your other friend with blurry vision, meeting his desperate eyes with your watery ones. "how could you?" you breathed out, voice cracking lightly on 'you'.

he cracked slightly. "i," he sighed and sat on the floor in front of you, "i dont know." he crossed his legs and placed his elbows on his knees, plopping his head into his hands.

you looked away, knowing that if you continued to look at him, so broken up over his own words and emotions, you would forgive him, and you weren't ready to do that yet. you just wanted to stay upset for a bit, but the urge to comfort him was already strong.

you laid your head on george's chest and he placed a hand in your hair.

"a month sapnap," he whispered. "it took you a month to visit."

"you still havent-"
"and when you finally did, you threaten him." George's voice rose a little, but you could tell he was restraining himself. "you threaten him and then you dare to try and reassure him that he can talk to you about anything, you tell him you were his best friend, but then you imply he be locked away forever."

"he did shitty things george! we cant just ignore that!" sapnap exclaimed, desperation clear in his voice as two of his best friends anger weighed on him.

george took a deep breath, but before he could respond, you spoke, "he did shitty things sap, but we have to stand by him. we still have to show him support, we cant just ditch him right when he needs us most."

"i did stand by him! me and george, we stood by him up until he tried to murder a sixteen year old boy out of spite!!!! just because he could!!!"

you snapped up to look at him. "did you ask him why?"

"no, but-"
"did you ever ask him why?"
"no! but he- he manipulated the whole fucking country! he was stealing things, things people cared about, just so he could have control over them! he stole beckerson!" george flinched at the name, and you immediately looked at him. "you okay gogy?" you knew this was hard for him. he was never good with emotions or confrontation."just fine."

you nodded and turned your attention back to sap. "sapnap, right now he is rotting. he is sitting alone in a fucking decomposing cell, surrounded by lava, with nothing but a clock and his own thoughts to keep him company. you think he isnt, not even a little bit, regretting what he did?"

"hes only regretting he got caught." sapnap lowered his voice. "he never cared about us."

"now thats just not fucking true." george snapped.

"he had everything george! he had power, he had money, he had a house, he had us. and he threw it all away, to do what? psychologically torture a mentally unstable teenager? blow up l'manberg??"

your anger faded more with every crack in sapnap's voice. "sap," you reached out and placed a few fingers on his knee, "he cared."

"he threw us away."
"sap look at me."
"he left us-"
"look at me."

he slowly lifted his head up to meet your gaze, his teary eyes dark, void of all hope.

"he cared."

you watched him search you for any uncertainty, anything that would tell him you didnt fully and utterly believe the words coming from your mouth. and when he didnt find any he hung his head. "he still did some fucked up shit twix. he cant just be pardoned because we care about him."

you sighed. "i know sap, and im not tryin to say it wasnt fucked up, im saying we cant just leave him."

he looked up again. "i was never gonna leave him."

you smiled lightly at him and wiped a tear streak off your face.

you used the hand that was on his knee to tug on the end of his sleeve, weakly tugging him towards you and george.

"you have zero strength whatsoever," he mumbled fondly, scooting closer to the two of you and laying down, his head in your lap.

you rearranged the way you and george were sitting, making him lean his back on the bottom of the couch while you sat between his legs with sapnap's head in your criss-crossed lap.

you placed a hand in sap's hair, starting to twirl a few pieces around your fingers. he let out a content sigh through his nose and let his eyes flutter closed. george starfished himself around you, arms splayed out on the couch and long legs laid flat on the ground either side of you. you leaned back, the back of your head landing gently on his chest. you idly played with sapnap's fluffy black hair as the three of you took the time to calm down.