Chapter 6 - PLANT POTATO MAN, PLANT

-quote from technoblade

"Do you want to join the Dream smp?" he asked rather quickly, his tone showing a hint of nervousness to ask you.

You froze in the middle of the kitchen, the pink can in your grasp almost slipping out of your hand before you tightened your grip again last second.

"i- you want- me????" you stammered out the half-baked question, your voice having raised at least an octave. It had only been maybe a month or two since you started interacting with the man, and he was inviting you-of all people!-to join one of the biggest and most well-known minecraft server on youtube.

"if you want to of course. ive already worked out some of your character, and i think youd like it! i just need your input and see what you want to add, plus we kind of need backstory but-" Dream stopped abruptly. "sorry um, i didnt mean to ramble. its up to you." He clearly cared a lot about the server, and his tone held such an immense level of excitement over plotlines and backstories that you couldnt help but smile. even if you were buzzing with anxiety.

this was huge. the smp was huge. this was an amazing opportunity, not to mention that you would be meeting, working with, and streaming with some of your favorite creators. not only that, but it sounded like dream would be elated if you joined. everytime he talked about the smp or any of the lore you could almost see his eyes light up just by hearing his voice as he gushed. if you let him, he could talk for hours about how him and wilbur came up with certain scenarios, everybody's acting strong suits and weaknesses, character designs, character backstories, pretty much anything and everything about the smp.

how could you say no to something one of your newly closest friends was so passionate about?

"of course!! i-i would love to! thats been a thing of my dreams since you started it- pun intended- it would be dumb of me to say no."

Dream smiled. His mind was already racing with ideas.

He and Wilbur had managed to postpone any major major lore streams due to the help of Karl's Tales of the SMP series, but they did have to do one soon. Now though! They had finally found someone to join!

"fuck yeah!" he exclaimed softly, the words slightly faint so you assumed he had backed away from his mic to celebrate.

you laughed lightly at his reaction and closed your eyes. ahhh theres no way this is happening right now.

~~

"so, what if whenever someone turns into a ghost she forgets them too, because of-" a discord vc notification cut you off, "oh, hey techno." you muttered, your train of thought pulling you deeper into your head as ideas, good and bad, swam around in your brain. your brow furrowed and you started to breathily mutter words to yourself, trying to get some of your thoughts into coherent sentences. "hey techno." dream greeted.

the tall boy was surprised by how similar your behavior was to his own when he was brainstorming.

"well dont get too excited," techno mumbled, a hint of a deeper emotion sneaking into his voice against his will. you immediately snapped out of it, "whats wrong?"

he shook his head even though, once again, nobody could see him. "im fine, you just sounded disappointed i joined, it was a joke," he explained, though to you at least it didnt sound too much like a joke.

you mentally ran back over your greeting and realized that the way you were distracted could've easily been misconstrued as disappointment. "im sorry! i was distracted, i didnt mean to sound like that."

he shook his head again, "its whatever. whats got you so distracted?"

dream felt a smile slowly cover his features, "character development."