Chapter 8- the secretary at the archives had blue eyes

-quote from tubbo
~not proofread~

"fuck you oh my god," you groaned, pushing away from your desk and letting your chair roll gently away from your desk.

"y/n im just saying, maybe you should make a move," saturn said, leaning back in their seat and crossing their arms. their blonde hair fell to the side as they cocked their head at the camera.

"i dont-"
"mic,"

you scooted forward, dragging yourself closer to your mic, "i dont like either of them like that!" you exclaimed, throwing your hands up in exasperation.

you watched them roll their eyes as they reached up to push back their glasses, "dude you literally cant sleep without technoblade on the phone and almost all of your streams in the past month have had dream in them."

you sighed, leaning your head back and pressing the heels of your hands to your eyes. "whatever. just drop it saturn."

"fine, fine. did you hear about the snapshot update?" saturn started to tell you about the new update coming to minecraft and you listened with feigned interest. it wasnt that you weren't excited about the update, you were just distracted by your thoughts. -you would be geeking out about it with them if you weren't so preoccupied. you leaned your elbow on the desk and rested your head in your palm, your eyes settling on saturn's animated face as they spoke.

you had to admit, you were growing rather fond of the two. however, they never really did much to elicit any serious romantic feelings from you. the occasional compliment might pass from someone's lips and youd be quick to deny it before changing the subject, but that was the extent of it. sure, the playful flirting between you and dream haunted your thoughts when you were alone, the late night conversations you shared with techno swirled lazily in the back of your head at any given time, but that was normal. that had happened everytime you made a new friend, it didnt really mean anything special here.

then again, you seemed to blur the line between platonic and romantic quite often.

but it wasnt like any of their words felt dipped in honey or anything, they didnt really spark any feelings.

"youre voice is attractive when youre tired," you mumbled, rolling over and bring your arms up to rest under the pillow beneath your head as your eyes fluttered closed and you snuggled into the soft fabric.

you heard techno chuckle lightly to himself. "youre quite cute when youre tired," he responded, voice a little soft and slightly mumbled, as if he werent sure if he wanted you to hear or not.

your heart skipped a beat and you felt a redness spread into your cheeks.

well that was the only time.

"you make my day everytime you call me, yknow?" dream said, a goofy grin evident in his voice.

you felt butterflies in your stomach almost immediately at his words.

your hands flew to rest gently on your cheeks. as you thought, the warmth coming from them was unbelievable.

he didn't understand your sudden silence, and youd felt bad afterwards, but how were you to explain that when you heard his genuine tone your stomach did a little somersault? that hed somehow rendered you speechless with a simple statement?

"youre thinking about them huh?"

your attention snapped back to saturn, "huh?"

they laughed, "your cheeks are rosy."

"fuck," you muttered, starting to fan yourself with your hands.

~~
youre so needy

you did this to yourself my good sir