SMP 4

-quote from wilbur

its 1 am and i am TIRED i will proofread TOMORROW this is so long thank you pls enjoy and disregard any tupos

they both fell asleep in under five minutes. "Sap?" you whispered, pulling your hand from his hair. he stirred slightly, but didnt wake. "gogyyy," you tried your best to turn without disturbing either of them to look at george. he was fast asleep as well.

you sighed, leaning your head back again.

you closed your eyes and thought for a bit. before you blew up on him, sap had explained most of what had happened. tommy seemed sweet enough, but he came off as a hero to everyone, and that bothered you. hes not a hero. he had questionable motives and unseemly actions as well- he shouldnt be put on a pedestal. technoblade once called him something didnt he......

theseus.

how do you know technoblade again? you couldnt quite remember.

you tried to recount something sapnap had said.

after wilbur blew up l'manberg, technoblade had given a speech before continuing to spawn in two withers. you could remember parts of the speech actually, the knowledge coming from somewhere in your brain that you werent aware of.

...do you think youre a hero tommy?...

...you just performed a coup, a hostile government takeover...

...i did not spend weeks gathering supplies for a revolution just for you to replace one tyrant with another!...

...dont you see what's happening? history is repeating itself!...

theseus was a hero exiled from his country- or city-state as technoblade had corrected- for some silly reason after he saved it from peril. that had mirrored tommy's situation almost perfectly.

so, if tommy was theseus, could technoblade be icarus? he grew cocky with his revolution, believing it would work-flying to close to the sun- and it had fallen through around him when everyone discarded him and his policies as soon as they had won, like feathers falling from mechanical wings after the wax had melted, leaving him to plummet into the ocean of betrayal and spawn in the withers. or maybe prometheus, giving power to people he shouldnt have and paying for it...

you sighed again, choosing to try and get some sleep alongside the two boys around you. you opened your eyes to look around, eyes landing on a blanket next to one of george's arms on the couch. you reached over and grabbed it, pausing for a second to make sure neither of them had woken up, before returning to your position and laying out the blanket. it was over sapnap mostly, but it covered george's legs as well. you had sapnap covering your legs and you were mostly covering george's torso so you decided the two of you would be fine without as much blanket.

you brushed a stray piece of hair from sap's face, and you noticed how relaxed he looked compared to earlier. you frowned a little, placing a warm hand on his slightly cold cheek. poor thing...

you let your eyes close and tried to clear your head so you could fall asleep. maybe when you woke up you could find somewhere to read up on mythology, see if you could find a better analogy for technoblade.

you played with dumb little fantasies in your head, ones where nothing was wrong. ones where dream hadnt done anything and sapnap and george would build a pretty house- because dream is shit at builds- and you would make them food because youre not great at much of anything.

you dozed off with a thought of dream laughing alongside you in a field of flowers.

~~

You opened your eyes slightly before lazily bringing your hands up to rub them.