Chapter 12 - Hey Sexy

-quote from tubbo, flirting on main

hmmmmmmmm shenanigans

im gonna recruit a mf editor at this point- im never gonna proof read these

"youre just jealous that i can physically hug twix."

"what? no im not, why would i-"

"guys guys, shut for a second. chat, im leaving the room for a sec watch the kids for me. dream, sapnap, be good," you said, stifling a yawn as you glanced at the screen of your phone as it buzzed loudly.

you picked up your vibrating phone as you stood, flicking the brim of sapnap's hat as you walked past him to the door. you closed the door behind you as gently as you could, trying to be quiet enough to where the mic wouldnt pick it up, and answered the phone.

"hello?"

"hey. when is sapnap leaving?"

techno's monotone voice rang through your ear, causing you to relax from the sudden anxiety of getting a phone call.

"tomorrow. why?"

he was quiet for a second.

"no real reason."

he sounded tired- more so than usual. his voice was raspier, and it concerned you.

"have you been sleeping?" care dripped from your voice, slightly startling techno.

"um, yes?"

you sighed, "have you been sleeping every night for five or more hours?"

"not for three days maybe."

"why?"

"i um... have you been sleeping?"

you flushed slightly. "this isnt about me-"

"hypocrisy at its finest. so, humor me here, why havent you been sleeping?"

you thought for a second. last night you'd tossed and turned for so long- youd almost cried from the mixture of exhaustion and frustration. you hadnt been able to sleep until youd turned on one of dream's videos- oh.

"...because i havent called you since sap got here," your voice was quiet, and you looked down at your feet as you admitted that you hadnt slept in a few days for the sole reason of you hadnt been calling technoblade just so you could sleep.

"now think back to how long i said its been since ive slept kind of okay."

you paused, thinking. three days?

"oh im so sorry i didnt think about-"

"dont apologize, its fine."

"its not i made you-"

"twix i promise its fine."

you went quiet for a second. "you promise?"

you heard a low chuckle escape him. "i promise."

you leaned against the wall, a small smile plastered on your lips, your guilt just a faint trace now.

"so is there any real reason you havent been calling me?"

"well the guest bedroom is right next to mine, so i didn't want to be too loud so sap wouldn't be able to sleep."

"thats so stupidly considerate. darlin i hate to break it to you but when youre tired i can barely hear you, i dont think sapnap would."