Chapter 10- my opponent is talking SHIIIIT

-quote from wilbur
you sit there. you sit there and you look me in the eyes and tell me if you think this is proofread or not.

"hold on guys my phones ringing, i trust you two with making sure chat doesn't die of boredom" you said, slipping your headphones off before they responded and pushing against the desk so your chair would roll to your bed where your phone was. you glanced at the name,

sappy nappy!!

you smiled lightly and answered, "hey sap, whats up?" you were far enough from your mic, they shouldn't be able to hear you.

"twix."
"sap."
"im visiting my family next week."

you cocked your head a little, "um. okay?" you shifted the phone to your other hand, bringing your leg up to your chest so you could rest your head on your knee.

"im visiting my family in houston." he reiterated, this time giving more detail. your eyes widened at the realization. "youll be so close!" you exclaimed, sitting straight up in the chair.

"yes! so i was thinking, since ill be in town for a while-"
"oh you have to visit," you said matter-of-factly.

he chuckled a little, "thats what i was gonna say. youre okay with that?" he sounded a little hesitant.

you furrowed your brows. why would he be so hesitant? did he not want to... oh.

"oh, you mean my face? yeah thats cool. its just you," you shrugged nonchalantly as you spoke. you trust sapnap. plus, it was mostly an insecurity thing, and you didnt know sap to be an especially shallow person.

"cool! so i have to go, im gonna get food for me and i was gonna ask dream if he wanted anything."
"okay, love you, bye!"
"love you, bye," he repeated before hanging up.

you rolled back to your desk and slipped on your headphones, "dream did you want anything to eat?" you asked, cutting him off mid-sentence.

"what?"

you heard a knock in his background before a door opening and then sapnap's faint voice, "yo, im grabbing food, want anything?"

you snickered to yourself as dream paused, slightly confused. "how did you- uh, yeah just whatever you're getting is fine." he responded. "okayyy."

"twix you are so strange sometimes," techno commented, a certain fondness in the words. you smiled.

~~
"oh please dont-" you muttered right before a creeper blew up the side of your house, and, frustratingly, you with it. with a sigh, you laid your head gently on the desk, a small thump sounding.

dream started to laugh at your predicament, "youve just lost your valentine," you stated, respawning and running to your house to get the materials to fix it.

"no-" he tried to speak between wheezes, "wait twix-"

"techno?" you asked gently, unsure if the man was awake or not. you got your answer when he responded with a low, "hm?"

your voice softened at his response as you found the small hum quite cute- you could hear the grogginess in it. "will you be my valentine? the spot just opened."

he paused for a second- or he fell asleep momentarily, you werent quite sure- before answering, "of course love." he mumbled.

your cheeks were red before you even fully processed what he had said. you took your eyes off the screen and shifted in your seat, suddenly quite shy.

"chat- chat dont worry about that- no- nobody clip that," dream addressed the chat as you sat there, flustered and afk whilst furiously attempting to fight back the heat that was spread across your cheeks. your hands landed gently on your cheeks, as they were prone to do when you blushed, and the heat shocked you. how were you not sweating by this?

chat was in fact, worrying about that.

you glanced at your monitor as you crossed your legs in your chair, it was moving too fast for you to catch anything specific but you got the gist of what they were saying it. SIMPNOBLADEEEEE

"hey tech," he hummed again, "chat's calling you simpnoblade."

techno rubbed his ayes and ran a hand through his hair, half-lidded eyes dragging over his monitor to land on your profile picture in the discord call, "twix-" he was cut off by a small yawn, "do your shoes need shining?"

You snorted, "go to sleep techno." you paused and after a moment of no one speaking, your immediate thought was oh my god, they passed out, but then you heard a small yawn escape dream.

you sighed, "okayyy chat, im gonna bring the stream to an end here, these dumbasses dont know how to take care of themselves."

you gave a minute for last chance donations but ended as swiftly as you could.

"guys, like actually, go the fuck to sleep,"
"bruhhhh you sound like dream," techno pointed out, causing you to groan. "aw shit."

dream huffed out a laugh and you closed out all your tabs but discord, crossing your arms when you finished. "please sleep guys, its not healthy to stay up for so long." "you are, the biggest hypocrite," a monotone voice tiredly responded, " but okay, whatever. do you want me to stay or?"

you answered quickly, "stay." you flushed a little, "i uh, if its not a bother."

"why would i offer it then?"

you didnt respond. "dream?"

he nodded, "yeah ill go to bed too. stay?"

"mhm!"

~~

you skimmed over the loose script on your second monitor, taking a quick sip of your energy drink. "you nervous?" saturn asked, their voice distracting you from the script. you shrugged, "its better than last time."

you glanced to your phone propped against your monitor to see saturn nod in understanding.

"what time is it?"
they took a second to check, "half past noon."
"i gotta dip, i haveta join a discord call for this."

you said your goodbyes before pulling up discord and glancing over the voice channels. sapnap, dream, and george were in the same voice chat so you assumed that was the one you were to join too.

"yo." you greeted as you pulled up twitch. the three greeted you and pulled you into their conversation as you messaged techno,

im gonna start when you do

okayyyy

just lmk

ehhh starting now

ah
okay

"guysss techno's starting so i suppose im going to too, is anyone else streaming?"
"other than techno? puffy maybe, not sure," george informed as you hovered over your 'start stream' button.

"im sorry my sweet dream but im gonna have to ask you to leave now pleeaase," you sang.
"anything for you y/n," he responded, a dumb smile spreading over his face as he disconnected.

"fuckin bitch," you muttered as you clicked start.