Chapter 9- if it pleases the court to know...

-half quote from wilbur
~not proofread~

techno definitely did not enjoy being jealous.

wasnt fun.

it wasnt fun to feel annoyed by everything tommy said because he was mildly upset you had left him, to accidentally go silent thinking about how dream had just come in and stolen the only constant he had, other than tommy's incessant messages everyday.

god what was he, a simp?

"blade."
"what?" he responded, annoyance clear in his voice.

tommy continued on, unfazed. techno sighed softly, for once happy that tommy never seemed to pick up on tones.

~~
dream exhaled through his nose, leaning back in his seat as he glared at his screen while his own voice played back to him. fucking editing. george had gone to bed a while ago, leaving him alone with your light breathing.

one of your light snores sounded through his headphones, distracting him momentarily. he could see how easy it was for techno every night, it was weirdly calming to hear your rhythmic breathing. a soft smile played at his lips as you murmured something before rolling over, the rustling of blankets sounding through your mic. your voice was cute when you werent making fun of him.

as he stared blankly at his monitor, his video playing and illuminating his pale complexion with colors from the game, he found himself wondering what your smile looked like. he crossed his arms and passed a thumb absentmindedly over his bottom lip. for the first time in a while, he wondered what it would be like if a bright smile was aimed at him.

he forced himself to focus on the video again, a sudden yell from george snapping him out of his thoughts.

~~
add me to the got damn call

no

do it nerd

fine

but she's sleeping still

i guessed

"yo."
"hey."

after that initial greeting, techno and dream sat in a comfortable silence as dream edited videos while techno idly played sky wars.

"techno?" the older hummed in acknowledgment. "you call her every night right?"
"yep."
"you never get uh," dream struggled to put emotions to words, "anxiety i guess?"
"what?"
"i mean, you never feel tired of interacting with a person?"

techno thought for a second. he knew what dream meant- even if it was kind of hard to understand. he shrugged before responding, "no. i-i guess its easy to stay comfortable with her."

(its okay guys, emotion words are hard, plus youre guys you dont know better)

dream paused. techno was right, talking to you was just as easy as if he was just talking to sapnap or george. "yeah," he mumbled, running a few digits through his hair. "yeah." he repeated with a small nod.

~~
"so basically, if the potatoes look-"

they both heard you stir and paused. they heard the shuffling of the blankets as you rolled over to face your phone, opening your eyes slightly to blearily look at the screen.

"hmm. techno?" you muttered, sleepily and slowly recognizing his voice.

"yeah its me love," he sighed, disappointed that he had woken you. you rubbed your eyes. "i thought i fell asleep with dream?"

"hey sunshine."

both mentally kicked themselves. really? were the nicknames needed?

"hi."
"go back to sleep," techno said, stretching his arms forward and popping his fingers.

you rolled over again after rubbing your eyes, "mkay."

and soon enough you were back asleep.

"well that was easy."

~~
"so uh, next lore stream should be soon," dream recounted to you as you moseyed around your kitchen looking for a small snack. "okay, just let me know." as you opened your pantry, you made a mental note to go to the grocery store again soon. "techno youre meeting twix in the next one," he paused for a second as he glanced over the script again, "and it should be during the egg bit with bad, puffy, and ranboo."

techno nodded, "got it."

you crinkled your nose. you werent really looking forward to meeting the egg, the voice made you cringe when it played.

"twix? you okay?"
"yeah yeah, im good, just," you exhaled lightly as you ran a hand through your hair, "not lookin' forward to the egg." you leaned into your mic on the last part. dream and techno both snickered at you before you realized what youd done. "ah fuck tech, look at the shit ive picked up from you!"

"bruhhh dont blame it on me, youre the one who calls every night."
"bruhhh," you mimicked, rolling your eyes as you crossed your arms.

your eyes flicked to the bottom right of your monitor to read the time as you listened to dream and techno talk. you groaned softly. "whats wrong?" "i have to stream soon." you said, pulling up twitch and minecraft, "you guys wanna stay or...?"

"ill stay but i dont feel like playing right now if you dont mind," techno responded, a small yawn escaping right after his sentence. "thats fine!" you chirped, "dream? you gonna stay?"

he tapped his desk lightly to the beat of an unsung song, "yeah ill stay. the survival world?"

"mhm!"
"okay, tell me when i can join," he said, pulling up minecraft.

"you can join now, im about to start," you stated as you typed in the name you decided on, JOIN IF YOU WANT TO HEAR MY SLEEP-DEPRIVED EMOTIONAL SUPPORT STREAMERS

"okay okay i started, i dont know if," you eyed the viewer count, catching when it shot from a solid 5 to 16k, "and theres the notification. hi chat!"

you noticed a lot of the messages were questions about your stream title, a specific message catching your eye before it fully disappeared from the screen, emotional support streamers-twix you are a streamer.

you chuckled to yourself, "tech how long's it been since you last slept?"

"uh," he checked the time, "20 hours maybe.

"bruhhh," you whispered, mostly to yourself. "you say that a lot recently," techno pointed out with a small smile.

you ignored him, "dream? last time you slept- go."
"probably about the same?"

"see chat? sleep-deprived emotional support streamers."

~~
"twix twix twix."
"dreeeaaam," you groaned.
"i just want to show you something!"
"hes gonna fucking kill you," techno deadpanned, bringing up his hands to try and rub the tiredness from his eyes.

"no- im not, im not."

you followed him as he took you to a small three by three hole he caved out under the house. the floor was red wool and there was a single sign on the back wall.

will you be my valentine? <3

you slowly looked at him in game. he threw a few roses at you and crouched a few times.

"didnt you already ask gogy?"
"he rejected me it doesn't count."

you laughed, "yes, sure, ill be your valentine dream."

"FUCK YEAH-"