Noseferatu Arc

"I thought you said we were gonna continue on that whole thing with Jaune and those grimm ladies." Ruby said. Salem was still in the room with the Beacon children, but the other accessories were gone. Now Winter was in the room being told by Weiss of their current situation.

It felt as if the disembodied head shrugged. "I changed my mind, gonna continue it next time. I wanna fulfil some request to my true audience."

""Which are?!"" Everyone n the room asked.

"The people of non-ya business." There was visible irritation on everyone's faces. " Now prepare your panties for Nosferatu Arc!" The lights were dim and the screen was on.

Winter and Weiss shared looks of deja vu. Weren't there books mentioning... Nosferatu.

Jacques Schnee was a man who intended to climb to the top of the world no matter what and to do that he was going to make himself the richest man in the world. To him, money was the only thing that mattered in life, morals and consequences be damned. As long as you had money, you could do whatever the fuck you want. No one really knows how he came to be like this but no one really cares. Besides, it's not like he would ever talk about it.

What did matter to him, was raking in maximum profits for himself. Which is why he spent so much time and effort getting Nicholas Schnee to give him his daughter in marriage and the Schnee Dust Company. He respected the man for establishing such a large scale enterprise, but considered him a fool for not maximizing the profits by sticking to "ethical" practices. So among the first things he did as the new CEO was cut funding to employee benefits and set things up so that Faunus would be doing all the hard labor. As far as Jacques was concerned, letting Faunus live outside of Menagerie was more than they deserve. Having them do all the hard work only seemed fair. Besides, it wasn't like there were many other jobs they could get, so they would have to either be forever homeless and hungry or put their back into making him rich in exchange for something.

He also cut funding to departments and projects that he deemed unnecessary, all to line his own pockets. One department that he took especial joy in eliminating was the research department, specifically the branch that was looking into alternative ways of obtaining Dust, and even recycling it, among other things. When he announced his decision, he was met with great protest from the department head. Apparently, Nicholas himself had established the department, knowing full well that while Dust was humanity's greatest weapon, it was also their greatest weakness. If something were to happen rendering Dust useless or, even worse, no more Dust could be mined from the earth, then humanity would be left defenseless with no fallback plan. As such, Nicholas created the department, hoping that one day they would discover more efficient ways of using Dust and maybe even away to recycle, or even create Dust without having to mine it.

While everyone looked to the screen in disgust, or in Salem's case, uncaring, Weiss and Winter were honestly surprised by this version of their father.

"Th-this isn't how father would act... at least not to this degree." Weiss said, though she did hesitate.

"Father is... not a good man, but he has his limits." Winter confirmed.

Salem adorned a small smile. "Hehe, sure. If that's what you choose to believe." She chuckled out.

Ruby groaned. "Does she have to be in the same room as us?"

"Yes."

Jacques heard these arguments, and had the entire department and staff kicked out and all research destroyed. If there was a shortage of Dust, then all the more reason to raise the prices. It's not like he could do anything if the buyers wasted their products.