Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

My palms were already sweaty and my thoughts were a mess after school came around the next day. Even though Kassie dating my brother changes everything now, I still have those damn feelings.

"Thanks for going to the store Hannah and getting some chips and pop." I tell my sister as I place them in the den where Kassie and I will study.

"No prob," Hannah shrugs, "I love helping out my little bro with a girl." She gives me a wink.

"Not my girl Hannah," I sigh. "Mikey's girl."

She locks eyes with me from her Allure magazine. "What? Since when?"

"Since a couple days ago I guess."

"This doesn't make sense? Doesn't he know that you have a thing for her? You practically spell out her name when you talk in your sleep."

"I don't talk in my sleep," I snap back.

"Anyways," I avoid the subject and push my glasses up my nose, "Kassie will be over in fifteen minutes so if you wouldn't mind finding somewhere else to occupy space."

"Hey, be nice. I got you food."

"I don't bother you when you have your dude over, just saying."

"How does Mikey feel about you and Kassie hanging out?" She asks.

"I don't know if he even knows." I say.

"Yeah well, don't steal your brother's girl with your charming attitude and looks." Hannah stands up from her chair with the magazine then heads out of the den.

I sarcastically start to say, "Yeah, cuz I can totally steal a girl from Mikey."

"You never know!" She calls back and I hear her footsteps in the distance.

I glance around the room, checking if I have everything. My notebook for trig, snacks, pop, flash cards if needed. I'm gonna rock her world... as much as one can when it comes to studying that is. Because my knowledge of Trigonometry is going to totally make her fall head first for me.

I hear car doors shut from outside and quickly start to panic. I straighten my clothes, wipe my hands on my jeans.

How should I look when she comes in? Casual? I could stand by the window looking out as if I'm pondering the meaning of life.

Nah, I'm not a Buddha.

I jump on the couch as I hear the door in the kitchen opening, laying on my back, hands behind my head pretending to be napping.

I hear a small laugh from Kassie and another one deeper. Mikey.

He must have driven her here. Just what I need. I silently grumble to myself about it.

Their footsteps make their way to the den.

"Is he asleep?" I hear Kassie's sweet voice ask.

"I think so...Here, I'll wake him up." My eyes still closed, I hear him slowly approach me on the couch, then I hear a strange small sound that reminds me of popping.

Then I realize what he's about to do. I won't let him to it to me. They haunt my memories from when I was a child. The dreaded...

Wet Willy.

"I'm up!" I yelp and sit straight upwards; Mikey's pointer finger glossed in saliva only a mere three inches away from my head.

"Haha he's always been a light sleeper." Mikey tells Kassie. She has a slight smile on her face as if she doesn't know what to think of the situation. She doesn't have an older brother, she doesn't know the hardship.