Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"Don't be so nervous. Man up." Tyler tells me in the jeep before school starts.

"It makes you look like a Bad ass, Pete." Mikey says while getting out and grabbing his bag.

We are talking about my face. At how my face looks like a Greek god that is so irresistible. Note the sarcasm.

In reality my face looks like I got painted on by a four year old who used the colors purple, yellow, and black on my face. Especially around my cheek bones from Brandon punching me.

"Everyone is going to stare and point. Ugh." I throw my head back against the car seat.

"So what if everyone stares. You'll be in the limelight." Mikey says.

"Kinda like the color of your face." Tyler says jokingly, but still laughs.

I get out of the jeep and we all head towards the school. I pull my hood up over my head in hopes that it hides my face.

People don't notice and I get to my locker quickly without a disaster happening. I let out a sigh of release when I hear a "hey" all of a sudden and jump almost out of my skin.

"Geez what's up with you today?" Gabe says next to me suspiciously. I turn towards him and he makes a surprised look on his face.

Before he can ask I tell him all about the fundraiser after he left and my fight with Brandon.

"That explains it." He says.

"Explains what?" I ask him.

"Brandon has like a huge bruise on his forehead. What did you do?"

"I slammed his head on my knee. Not much else except kneeing him in the balls." I admit.

"Oh my gosh really? Haha I wish I could have seen that. You stood up to him. I can't believe it! Why'd you do it?" He asks me.

"Well...he was hurting Kassie and I just lost it a little. Then it all went down from there." I scratch the back of my head, "And there is something else though..."

"What?"

I pause and then quietly say, "Kassie and I kissed."

"You WHAT?" He yells throwing his hands in the air.

"Yeah, but she kissed me and I don't think she meant to. It was a spur of the moment."

"Have you talked to her about it?"

"No, and I don't know if we will. It's just hanging there in the air for right now." I grab my books from my locker then shut it.

"I missed everything at this fundraiser." He huffs out.

The bell rings and we say our goodbyes then I go to home room.

"Put your hood down Mr. Hanlin school is in session." Mr. Hoffman tells me as I walk in.

I walk to my desk and put my hood down. People don't notice until Hector points it out and I feel like I'm staring the lead role in Frankinstien now. Their faces reflect shock, disgust, and surprise.

I hear everyone start to talk all at once and Mr. Hoffman tells everyone to calm down so he can take attendence.

He goes down the list and calls out "Kassie Grand" and there isn't a sound.

'She's not here today?' I say to myself and wonder why.

"Peter Hanlin".

"Here!" I say.