Chapter Eleven

Hi guys thought that I would update faster than usual just cuz I'm in the mood. Please vote and comment! I have you guys reading which I'm so grateful for, but I don't get any votes or comments whatsoever. So please show me you like the story. Vote and/or Comment!! Thank you so much!

P.s. I'm thinking of doing a p.o.v. Of Kassie and I will if you guys comment or I get five votes!

Chapter Eleven

I walk up the steps of the Heathens household where Judy lives and I feel nervous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not fawning over Judy even though I'm sure she will look beautiful. It's just that I have never been on any sort of date thing before.

I ring the doorbell and I hear shuffling around on the inside. Then finally the door opens up.

"Hello Peter. You look handsome." Her mother gives me a warm smile. She looks exactly like her daughter.

"Thanks. Is Judy ready to go?" I nervously clutch the corsage in my hand.

"Yeah sh-"

"I'm ready!" Judy walks in from her living room look as pretty as ever. Her brown hair is piled up into a bun with what I think is glitter in her hair. Her pale yellow dress goes down to the knees and has two glittery straps holding it up.

"Wow, Judy. You look amazing." I honestly say.

A rose color covers her cheeks in a blush and she says,"Thank you Peter. You look great yourself."

We stay for another five minutes to take pictures and her mother's smile gleams with excitement just like a chubby kid's would in a candy store.

We start to walk down the steps to the truck that my dad let me borrow for the occasion. Once in the car I turn on the radio and we head off.

"Thanks for taking me Peter. I didn't go last year and I really wanted to go." She says.

"No problem. I'm happy to take you." I say to her. Her eyes widen a little bit at that and I realize how that sounds. "Oh and I wanted to give you this." I hand her a long black box.

"You didn't have to Peter." She opens it up and reveals a turquoise bracelet with a silver chain and hanging turquoise jewels.

"I just thought it would be a good gift between friends." I say shrugging. I saw it a couple of weeks ago at a going out of business jewelry store. It's probably worth at least sixty dollars, but I got it for thirty.

I was planning on giving it to Kassie for her birthday which is coming up soon, but I don't think she will forgive me by then.  It saddens me to give it to someone else, but realistically, I do not even know how I would give it to her.  What her reaction would be.  It's just safer to avoid it.

The rest of the car ride is quiet between us even with the radio on.  A couple small things here and there.  We aren't usually this quiet, it is just the prospects of going to a dance together that has set this mood. 

*******************************

When we arrive to the gym I pay for the both of us and the gym is decorated nicely, well as nice as a couple of mediocre teenagers can do it anyways.  I should know, I was one of them with Gabe. Streamers of black and purple cover the ceiling and are hanging down with a buffet over on the side.

"Turned out pretty well." I say. I see Gabe over by the buffet table and I tell Judy I will grab us some drinks.

"You made it." Gabe welcomes me.

"Yeah, just got here." I pick up the ladle to the drinks and pour the drinks. "So you came alone or..." Before I know it, I see the pretty red head approach us and grab Gabe's arm.