Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR: Big news

After school Mikey and I head home. Mikey's football practice has been cancelled due to some teacher faculty meeting and it's nice to get some quality time with my brother. With all of his after school activities, he is always busy.

"Sorry about my friends at lunch today." I say in the car ride home.

 "Yeah, about that. Um... Why are they always so... You know-"

"Starstruck."

"Sure... you would think that they would be used to me by now, but no." He puts down the window due to the heat and since there is no air conditioning. The black Cherokee jeep is quite old and was my sister's old car then passed down to Mikey.  Soon later it will be mine when he heads to college. My father believes that the old jeep is still in good condition even with it's rust slowing crawling up the side.

I probably shouldn't mention the conversation after Mikey left our table. I have the feeling him knowing they took notes and the mention of stalker wouldn't go over with him very well.

"Wanna stop by Mega Wiener? I could go for a dog." He licks his lips in anticipation and heads that way without my answer. I could go for a cheese burger with extra onions on it. Yum.

After about a ten minute ride, we pull into the nearest parking spot to the door and head in. When my father didn't work as much, he took us out for lunch every Saturday here and its just stuck with us.

Once inside we took a booth near the window. The restaurant was in a retro setting with the tiles black and white with neon signs hanging up. We always sat in the same seat. The red velvet seat sunk in when I sat down with Mikey on the opposite side of me. Someone on roller skates rolls by quickly handing us two menus,"someone will be with you in just a minute." Then rolls away.

Mikey and I take our time looking over the menu since we already know what we want and the service isn't always the fastest especially on a weekday. I'm still looking at the my menu when I hear a girl voice saying hi guys. My eyes turn to the pretty as ever Kassie Grand wearing a yellow uniform with a white apron; her name tag on the side. Her golden hair is up in a ponytail with loose strands coming out. "Sorry about the wait. I just started the job and am still getting used to the skates. Collage doesn't pay for itself you know." She gives us her biggest smile.

"It is no problem. We haven't been waiting that long have we Peter?" Mikey asks.

"Nope not a all." I say with a small blush. Mikey always knows what to say.

"That's good, cause it seems like the job is a little tougher then I thought. I like it though because it is a little out of the way so no one at school really comes in that often."

"Hey, we won't judge. In fact, we come here all the time so you'll have to get used to seeing us here." Mikey pulls out his dimples and I know he's trying to flirt with her, " I could get used to seeing you everyday."

Kassie surprises me with her whacking Mikey on the head with her notepad. "You know I have a boyfriend, Mike. Now what do you want to order?" She says with a smile.

"One dog for me with a medium coke and cheese burger for Pete with a medium Mountain Dew with extra onions for the burger. Oh and also a medium fry." Kassie scribbles that down then says she'll be back with our drinks. She skated away with her ponytail swinging.

"Shoot, I forgot to lock the jeep. Be right back." Mikey quickly gets up from his seat then, goes out the door and escapes from my point of view. I decide to go wash my hands before I get my food.

I head in the black-and-white tiled bathroom and look in the mirror. I fix my hair because it's all messed up from the car ride over. I look terrible with my acne on my forehead and push my hair so it hides it. My green eyes look more yellow today then normal and is partially covered by my hair. It's about as good as it's gonna get.