Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

Sunlight dances just beyond my closed eye lids which wakes me up. I slowly get up and lean on my elbows is when I realize I'm still in the jeep from last night.

I get a peek of myself in the rear view mirror and see my black hair is all frazzled and my eyes are tinted red.

Man, last night must have been something. And that's when the memory of Cleo and Brandon making out comes to mind. I instantly feel sick to my stomach just of the thought of it.

I get out of the jeep and find myself in my own gravel driveway.

"Who drove home?" I asked myself. No way Mikey or Tyler because I have no doubt in my mind that both of them were smashed last night.

I head inside and then to my bedroom and toss myself on my bed. I hear soft footsteps make their way into my room and hear that person clearing their throat.

"What?" I ask and am not in the mood to talk.

"What do you think you are doing young man?" My father growls at me.

"Trying to sleep." I state the obvious.

"Well, get up. You have to go to work in a half an hour."

"Ah shit." I say to myself.

"What was that young man?" My father questions me.

"Umm.." I try to come up with something quick," ahhhccoo!" I fake a sneeze that really sounds like I'm coughing.

"That's what I thought, now hurry up and get ready!" He finally leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stand at the counter of Mega Wiener with a slight headache at the back of my head and I already know I look terrible.

Right now I'm only on counter duty and take orders. Some of the people are nice and then others are looking at you like you just picked your nose and threw the booger at them. Uhh I never realized how much I hate people.

That's when the room somehow gets brighter with the ringing of the door bell and my head turns to see the lovely Kassie walking in with a smile as always.

"Hi Peter" she greets me and I'm lost in her dazzling eyes.

That's when I notice I'm staring like a little two year old eyeing a big lollipop.

"Hi Kassie!" I respond quickly and awkwardly push my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

"I see you work here now too. It's a good job, you'll like it." She rounds the corner to the employees locker room.

A little while later I'm washing dishes in the back and Kassie comes in with another pile.

"Sorry Peter, some if these people are animals." She hands them to me and half the plates look like the people didn't even eat them.

"Want some help?" She asks me.

"I'm fine thanks though." But she decides to ignore me and puts on some rubber gloves. "What about the people out there?"

"Barb's out there and there's hardly anyone anyway." She picks up a dish and starts cleaning.

I smile to myself at the closeness of us and every once in a while our arms brush leaving a small tingle afterward.

I suddenly remember Brandon and Cleo at the party and start to freak out. Should I tell her now since I have time and its just the two of us or not? I decide to say nothing at all which leaves a silence between us.