Chapter Nine

Hiya readers! I worked hard on this new chapter and I hope you comment and vote for it if you read it! I decided to update, but it's shorter than usual so I'm sorry guys! I would like to get at least two votes for this chapter pretty please with cherries on top! Enjoy! <3

Chapter nine

Kassie looks up to me with her beautiful brown eyes.  They make my mind twist and heart beat almost skip. Rays of gold shoot through the middle of them and end in a deep brown anyone could get lost in.

"Kassie," I murmured softly and I had her full attention,"this isn't exactly easy to say. Last night at the restaurant you know how I was in the bushes?"

"Yeah? Brandon shoved you and I am so sorry about him. I know I shouldn't apologize for his actions, but still." Kassie says with sadness in her voice.

"Don't apologize, cause that's not how it happened." I say shakily and I feel heat rise to my cheeks and an unsettling feeling stir in my stomach.

"What? I don't understand?" She scrunched her eyebrows together in the cutest way. Too bad I'm about to ruin that look.

"Well, actually Brandon didn't push me. I tripped backwards and fell into them. He had not laid a finger on me last night."

"Really?" She asks in disbelief.

"Yep" I am anxious for her reaction at my truthful confession. My palms feel sweaty and I'm afraid Kassie will never forgive me. I rather she go back to not noticing me than be disgusted by the sight of me.

"So you let me believe that he hurt you while all along he was telling the truth?"

"Yes..." I tell her and man do I feel like scum. Not just regular scum either, like the scum found on a hobo's face after he ate a jelly donut. When that comes to mind I know something isn't right. Is there a good kind of scum anyway?

"Peter," she sounds so disappointed that I can't even describe the pain her voice,"why? I mean, I feel like we've become friends in the last couple weeks and you do this? I thought you were different." Kassie removes my arms from her waist and she gets up to pace the room.

"I cannot even begin to explain how sorry I am Kassie, last night I didn't say anything because..." My mind tries to come up with the answer. Do I say I wanted her to break up with Brandon? What about me believing that she deserves something better? Is the real reason that I wanted her all to myself and knowing I could made me selfish? "Because...because I knew that you had already made up your mind. I thought that even if I told you, you wouldn't believe me because of the evidence. I feel so guilty, Kassie. I'm sorry." I feel bad for lying but her knowing my feelings for her wouldn't solve the situation. If anything it would just drive her away more.

"I just wish you had told me. I broke up with Brandon last night because of this. He didn't deserve it." She rubs her hands on her face as if to relieve tension building up. I hate hurting her so much.  If I told her about him and Cleo, it'd only hurt more.

"Will you forgive me Kassie?" I ask uncertain. This has to be another rodent to the infestation of her problems. She doesn't need anymore and I'm only adding them.

She turns back around to face me and shrugs her shoulders," I don't know Peter. I can't believe you lied to me yet I want to believe you had good intentions." She looks down at her feet.

The room is completely silent with tension hanging in the room like a bad pimple to a flawless face. I can barely stand it. I feel like its staring me in the face telling me to pop it as if saying tell her the truth about Cleo and Brandon. I lean down on my knees and I know that's not what she needs to hear right now even though its eating me away.