Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

*Peter*

I toss in the same old boring clothes for school Monday morning. Plaid long-sleeved shirt buttoned up and my denim jacket overtop. I throw on a worn pair of jeans and add my square glass to finish off my outfit.

My nerdy outfit...I've been trying to dress how would you say? "Cooler?" I gave up this morning though.

Later on I arrive at school as well as a huge herd of others. The hallways to my locker are jammed and I'm constantly shoved from person to person until I reach my destination.

Gabe walks up to me with a smile across his face.

"What's up with you?" I ask him a little weirded out because he just won't stop smiling.

"It's a great day right?" He closes his eyes and takes a whiff of the air. "It's just so clean and crisp out today."

"So I'm guessing something good happened with Jessie?"

"You could say that...we've been hanging out for a while and last night I finally asked her to go steady and she said yes." He smiles boldly and I pat him on the back.

"That's great, but you know this isn't the fifties right?" I tease him lightly. I'm happy for him. I really am, but thinking about love and stuff right now doesn't exactly sound so appealing to me. All thanks to the Halloween party.

Gabe must see through my facade and finally asks what's wrong.

I shake my head, "Its complicated, I'll tell you later okay?"

He shrugs his shoulder, "Sure."

I walk into Homeroom and my eyes immediately go to Kassie. Kassie is laughing of course to something one of those dumb ass jocks said and I just take a seat in front to keep her out of my head hopefully.

Mr. Hoffman walks into the room, "Joe, get off the desks and take a seat. What was that thing I told you before? Tables are for glasses, not for..." He ends the sentence smiling.

"Butts?" Joe laughs.

"Haha sure...lets go with that." Mr. Hoffman picks up the attendance and calls out names. I say "here" when I'm called.

I take out a book I'm currently reading when I hear footsteps coming up the aisle of desks. It's Kassie, and she walks right past me.

"Mr. Hoffman?" She asks him and he turns towards her, "Can I go make more copies of these flyers?"

"What of?" He questions her?

"I found an item that was given to me, but I never had the chance to thank them for the beautiful gift and they probably think they lost it." She shows her wrist to the teacher and his eyes widen.

"That is quite a fancy gift. I understand, go ahead." She turns and leaves the classroom.

She found the bracelet! She's trying to figure out who gave it to her? I feel like pulling out my hair.

I should just tell her right? That it was me? I mean...theres really no harm done I hope, I wouldn't see why not. I've decided that I will tell her at the end of the day.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{{}

"And then I told her, "Come to my place" then she agreed!" Tanner says happily.

I zoom back into the conversation at lunch, "Wait? What are we talking about?"

"You seem really distracted today." Judy replies to me, "Is something going on that's keeping you?"