Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

The week went strangely quick for me and suddenly was Friday night. The night of Kassie's party, but we are running late because we have to get some costumes.

There are literally so many aisles in the Party Warehouse you could probably get lost in it. We have already had Hannah go missing and Mikey and Tyler are just barely sticking together with me as we make our way to the costumes.

"I think I know already what I want to be." Says Tyler.

"And what is that?" Mikey asks him.

"A badass." He smirks and runs his hand through his hair like in the movies.

"You can't be what you already are, Tyler." I say to him while pushing the cart.

"Well then I guess the idea for you being a nerd is down the drain."

"I wasn't planning on being a nerd anyways." I say truthfully. Actually I have no idea what I want to be.

We get to the costume aisle and I cannot emphasize the amount of costumes there are. This Party Warehouse probably has everything imaginable.

"Whoa man this is going to take us all day," Mikey announce while going a head and grabbing a random costume, "Tyler, how about a ballerina for you. You know the little pink tutu would just match your eyes."

"That's hilarious man, but,". He says sarcastically, "I think you should be Little Bo-Peep. It shows off your curves." They laugh at each other.

We start to search through all the different costumes and Mikey has decided to be Batman, which is no surprise to me since he is more obsessed then anyone I know.

Tyler hasn't picked one yet and neither have I. I don't think either of us see anything we like or we are both just too picky for our own good.

This is Kassie Grand's party. You can't simply show up without the perfect costume. Everyone will judge you based on your costume, it's just the way it goes.

Then again I don't really want to have all eyes on me. And with the whole scenario with Brandon and I, I have a feeling most eyes are going to be anyways.

"I don't want anything too flashy though, maybe something that blends in." I say while searching and putting back costumes one after another.

"I think you would stick out anyways Pete. People are starting rumors that you're the reason Kassie and Brandon broke up." Mikey says.

"Greaaat." I say sacrcastily.

"Oh my god Peter. I found the perfect costume for you," Tyler laughs while he hold it up, "Spider-Man."

"Just because my names Peter doesn't mean I'm going to be Spider-Man. I think it would be too obvious." I laugh though along with him.

"Can't you just try it on for fun? What's gonna happen?" Tyler tries to convince me and then I agree ignoring the 'what's gonna happen?'

I go to the dressing rooms and try the Spider-Man costume on. It sticks to my body like glue and due to my nonexistent muscles I look like a giant freak with abnormal long arms and legs.

I put on the face mask and it's incredibly itchy. I look at myself through the mirror and cock my head to the side.

"Are you done in there Pete? I want to see ya." Tyler says startling me because I didn't know he was in here with me.

I open the door and bend down to get on my hands to look like the real Spider-Man. I spot a shadow on the wall a little ways down and jump out to attack, but my victim turns out to be a little girl who is probably only eight in a witch costume who screams in terror.