Chapter Eight

(Hey guys, author here! Hope you enjoy this chapter and I beg of you to vote for it because I put a lot of hard work into each and every chapter! I will not upload another chapter after this one if I don't get at least one vote. I know people are reading this and it will only take a second of your time to vote! Thanks again and I hope I don't seem too pushy;) enjoy

Chapter eight

I try to scurry backwards away from Brandon but with his long legs, he takes one step out of every three of mine. I feel my foot catch on a small plant next to the restaurant and before I know it, I tumble to the ground in the bushes. Scratches cover my skin from head to toe and I feel pain in my back from landing on a large stone.

It's amazing how much pain I'm in even before Brandon has touched a single hair on my head. He grins in satisfaction at my predicament and yet he still strides towards me with a devilish grin plastered to his face. Has he no soul? Brandon reaches down to grab me by the collar but he's too late when a voice comes into play behind us.

"Brandon! What are you doing?!" Kassie yells which makes him stop any further. Brandon stands up straight and turns around to face her.

"Nothing Kassie. This isn't what it looks like." He tries to convince her.

"I'm not stupid Brandon! It is obvious that you pushed him into the bushes and are about to beat him up!" Kassie walks in front of Brandon and pushes him back. She turns around to me and puts out her hand for me to take. I reach up and take her warm palm in mine.

After I'm up I say, "thanks." And wipe off my clothes of the dirt and leaves clinging to me. I feel itchy from all the scratches on my body.

"I'm sorry about him." Kassie says as if he isn't right behind her.

"I didn't do anything Kassie! Fuck why don't you believe me?!" He argues and puts his hands behind his head.

Kassie's face contorts into disbelief and aggravation and she turns around to face him. "I cannot believe you just swore here especially at my workplace and at a family restaurant! You're unbelievable!"

"I wouldn't have to swear if you would just hear me out!" He yells at her. I really don't like him yelling at her.

"I'm not in a good enough mood right now to hear you out." She rubs her temples.

Should I tell her that he really didn't touch me? That I threw the first punch? I don't want her to hate me. Telling her might destroy this budding relationship and I don't want to do that. If only Brandon wasn't here or I was suddenly buff and had arms the size of watermelons.

Right now my father pulls up in the parking lot on the SUV and I decide to go. This really isn't my argument. I have a feeling there is deeper problem in this argument I have no part in.

"Umm...Kassie?" I try to interrupt their bickering and she faces me tired looking eyes on her face,"I'm gonna get going; do you need a ride anywhere?"

Her face erupts into a small smile and places her hand on my shoulder. "Thanks Peter, but I'll have Brandon take me home. We need to discuss some things."

"Alright, well night." I say and turn my back to her and head to the SUV.

I get in the SUV and my father asks if my first day went well. I answer with a yeah and keep to myself the rest of the ride home.

*****************************************************

The next day is Monday which means school. Today is the first day for Tyler.  I have a feeling things will be interesting with him around. As long as he doesn't bun the school down I think he'll survive it, but he says he won't.