Chapter-3

Harshitha's Pov:

The warm rays of sunlight hit me as I moved the blindfolds to the sides. The tints of orange and red filled up the sky, the flocks of chirping birds rushing to their sweet home with their young ones, As the beautiful ball of fire descended in the west.

"God! Harshi close the blindfold please." Vihana groaned in a sleepy voice from the bed.

"Viha, get up! For half an hour grandma is calling you. Everyone is ready for going to the temple. It's you who is balance" I pulled the blanket off her head and pulled her to get up from the bed.

"Please Harshi! lie to patti that I'm not feeling well" She pleaded and lay on the bed again.

(Patti-grandma)

"What has happened to madam? I'm 64 years older than you but, I'm just fine" Suddenly a voice startled us. We both turned towards the door and saw thatha standing at the door with his arms crossed across his chest.

(thatha- grandpa)

"Then what have you said? ahh..lie to grandma, then till now you are lying like this?" Thatha came near us and twisted vihana's ear.

Vihana pouted and rubbed her ears showing her thumb saying 'kaa' to thatha.

Thatha signaled me to close the door. I closed the door and sat down next to the whining vihana.

"Thatha your acting has improved over years." Vihana complimented him with thumbs up.

"I can't stand your grandma's torture" thatha sat down with a huff on the bed.

I and Vihana laughed out loud at his words.

"Shuu.. one monkey followed me here" Thatha silenced us with a finger on his lips, referring to vihaan.

"Don't he has any other work, always gossiping about me with grandma" Vihana scolded Vihaan punching the pillow.

"Avana vidu thangam, Ni poi seekram ready agitu kela vaa. Otherwise, your Patti will start 'Vihana! unkitta evlo time solirken, velaku vekra neratula thoonga kudatunu.' And she will not change her dialogue for me too."

(Forget him thangam, you go and get ready fast and come downstairs. Otherwise, your grandma will start' Vihana! how many times have I said this, you should not sleep during lighting time?) (Lighting time- prayer time)

Thatha imitated Patti with a frown on his face.

"Grandpa we can give oscar for your acting." I praised him with a clap.

"What to say? I'm am a born actor."

He stood up, with his right hand on his chest he bowed and left the room whistling BTS fire.

I and Vihana looked at each other's faces and burst out laughing.

Vihana locked the door and left for the bathroom with her towel and toiletries.

I looked at the undone bed and signed out loud.

"Harshi please fold my blanket. Thank you." with that she closed the bathroom door.

I done the bed, folded the blanket, and kept it at the foot of the bed.

Living with your cousins can be tiring sometimes, that too with younger ones, surely, they will dump their work at your head and will escape with puppy eyes.

Even though we don't have a huge age gap, I have to do her work sometimes.

I walked to the left and opened the windows.