Chapter-37

Heya! Early update, please check chapter-36 and previous chapters too. (In case you missed it)

You guys don't know how much happy you make me! Thank you so much for all your support<3

இனிய மாட்டுப் பொங்கல் நல்வாழ்த்துகள் 🐄🌾

Inline comments are love!💜

Writer's Pov:

.

.

"Okay, calm down. We know that they both wouldn't do anything that would disappoint us. They are just young in love, leave them to be." Suganya thought this was the time to interrupt, but it backfired when suddenly a new voice spoke.

"Who is in love?" Everyone became still, their heart palpitating as they waited for one another to answer. However, no one spoke.

The spoon in Radha's hand dropped to the ground, breaking the painful silence. She and Sakthi looked at each other and glanced at Vikram to see him signaling Suganya to speak.

"Vikram? Would you answer?" Harshitha's father questioned as he walked inside the kitchen. The super spacious kitchen now felt congested as everyone refused to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Sakthi's hold tightened on Devi when the little girl mumbled, 'Chitpa and Chiti are in lub' in her ear and giggled. She thanked God that she didn't say that loud.

"So, no one is going to answer?" Krishnan tsked, crossing his arms across his chest as his eyes flickered from one person to another as if observing the culprit.

"Peripa, I was talking about a serial that we were watching yesterday, nothing serious." Suganya smiled nervously when he mockingly raised his brow.

"Oh, is it?"

"Maama H- Vikram squared his shoulder, turning around to respond but got shocked when someone interrupted him.

"Your daughter and Vikram, Krishnan." As soon as the words floated through the air, everyone gasped.

At the threshold of the kitchen, neatly dressed in half white vesti and shirt, Thatha stood tall and proud, his back straight looking nothing like a seventy-year-old.

"Thatha." Feeling betrayed, Vikram bit his lip as he stared at his grandfather, who now stood beside his uncle. His slightly wrinkly face held a look of aloofness as he stared back at him in the eyes without any mercy.

"Appa," Sakthi uttered, passing Devi to Suganya's arm, who struggled, wanting to stay and watch the slowly brewing argument. How would she miss this! Watching everyone speak/argue with an open mouth was a child's favorite thing to do.

"Devi!" Suganya chided, scaring the struggling girl by glaring. Devi hugged her neck when she saw her mom making scary faces, who quickly carried her out of the room before the little devil could disclose any more truth. When she walked past Vikram, her steps flattened, her heart aching for him when he refused to look up as he stared at the kitchen marble.

"You wait, Sakthi. Let our Maharaja answer that. He sure would have an excellent explanation about why they are sneaking behind our back." Thatha mocked, tilting his head to watch his always proud grandson, who now struggled even to meet his eye directly.

Vikram breathed deeply, praying that his darling shouldn't come down at this moment. He knew that there was no turning back, and there was no way they would hide about them any longer. He could only pray that there would be no damage that would cause their family to drift away.