Chapter-34

Hello beautiful people!

I apologize for the delay. Thank you for being patient with me.

We are almost 50k reads!!! Thank you so much for being on this journey and supporting me. It means a lot, and I appreciate it❤

Hope you keep supporting me in my upcoming books too! Follow me too 

Love you all!❤

~

Inline comments are love💜

.

.

Writer's pov:

The next day's dinner was awkward, to say the least. The mother-daughter duo acted as if walking on eggshells around Krishnan while Hari calmly scanned through the television, his legs stretched out on the sofa, making his father sigh in irritation when he entered the living room after the day of work.

"Hari, put your legs down," Sakthi warned gently, patting him on the knee, making space for her husband. Hari obliged, shifting to the left and handing the remote to his father but snatching back the remote and quickly switching the channel from news to Hungama when he caught the glance of Shinchan playing.

Harshitha coughed as she attempted to hold her chuckle from the look of astonishment on her father's face. Sakthi breathed, glaring at her son, who shrugged playfully with a wink.

"Hari, change the channel. For goodness sake, you're 21 years old. Shinchan is a kids' show." Feeling his ego bruised, Krishnan ordered his son even though he watched Shinchan with them usually.

"Appa, you asked me to order the Shinchan movie CD last week, remember? And FYI, the cartoon doesn't have an age limit." Hari mocked, raising his eyebrow in question, to which his father cleared his throat, avoiding his eyes.

In his childhood days, he didn't have the luxury of television or any sort of entertainment that a child should have, so Krishnan indulged his desire by watching cartoons with them throughout their childhood. Even when Harshitha and Hari overcame this phase, Krishnan still watched cartoons when everyone headed to bed.

"That-" Krishnan stammered, thinking of a way to escape the situation. The earlier urge to put his son back in his place for speaking like that yesterday - disappeared. Yesterday, he spent a sleepless night thinking about the conversation that took place in the kitchen. In the end, he concluded the things his son said were true, and he agreed with everything he said.

Children don't owe them anything. Period.

But his parental ego doesn't allow him to voice out his defeat, making him grumpy the whole day. "Okay, increase the volume a little bit." He grumbled, causing his wife to snicker.

For an hour, their household filled with laughter as Krishnan yelled comments about how Kazama should follow Shinchan's advice throughout the movie. During the advertisement, Sakthi glanced at her husband, who was huddled close to their children while they talked about the show as if they were on a board meeting. His previous demeanor changed from the strict father to a friend as they laughed at something Hari said.

"- no, it's not me! Vihana is Nene, and Hari Anna is Masao except for the crying part. He was the one who went to any length to please Viha." Harshitha protested, breaking free from her father's arm to glare at them playfully, to which Hari mirrored her action and repeated her words but substituting his and Viha's name with her and Vikram's.

"What? No! During my 2nd grade summer holiday, you are the one who forced us to play house when we all wanted to play hide and side just because Viha wanted to play house." Harshitha exclaimed, pointing her finger at her brother. Sensing his stance to oppose, she continued, "You are the one who asked us to give a positive review when Viha cooked for the first time. A solid 10/10 for that horrible dish-" Her face scrunched up in distaste as if she remembered the taste. "-do you know I still get nightmares whenever I remember that dish? It tasted and looked horrible!"