Chapter-24

This chapter is dedicated to my Wattpad bestie

Happy birthday, Ammaspet!!! ❤❤ You're so cute!!

Vote, comment, and follow if you like the story!

Thank you so much for all your love and support!! It means a ton🙇🏽‍♀️

Inline comments are love💜

.

.

.

Writer's pov:

"Pondati, this is how Vikram chitthapa called Harshi chitti today!"

People gathered on the stage gasped when Devi pointed to Vikram and Harshitha. That includes their Grandparents, the newlyweds, Devi's parents, and the priest.

Everyone turned to look at Vikram in slow motion as they glanced back and forth from Vikram to Harshitha, who looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"What did she say?" Sakthi asked, walking towards them confused while their grandparents stared at them unblinking.

Fortunately, it looks like not everyone heard Devi's words as some looked confused why the grandparents and the newlyweds are staring at Vikram and Harshitha. Especially at Vikram, whose heart pounded as he imagined multiple scenarios about how he would end up today, and the outcomes aren't good at all!

1.Harsitha, killing him. 'A big no!'

2.Hari and his maama, beating him until he was black and blue. 'Okay, I guess?'

3.His parents, disowning him.

Well, the third one sounds quite better compared to the other two as he would at least crash at his friend Gokul's place until his parents calm down.

Sensing everyone's gaze, Devi shyly hid in his neck and whispered. "Chitpa, this is how you called chiti, right?"

"Traitor!" Vikram whispered under his breath as he stared at the little devil in his arms.

The latter just blinked and grinned at him widely, melting his heart with her innocent face.

"Vikram?" Sakthi asked again, walking up to the stage. When he didn't answer, her eye met Harshitha's for an answer, who stood feet away from him.

Harshitha's eyes flickered nervously from her mother to Vikram, who gulped and gave a bewildered smile to everyone.

"N..nothing athai, she's just saying that I gave my-" He shuttered, nervously licking his parched lips while everyone stared at him.

"Ah phone, Vikram gave me his phone this morning, ma. That's what she said." Harshitha continued for him while her hands balled tight behind her saree pallu in fear as her mother's eyes scrutinized her face.

Still skeptical, Sakthi glanced at her parents. Though her heart urges her to accept her daughter's words, their skeptical expressions suggest that it is a lie.

"Nalla neram mudiya pogutu, ponnu mapilal arunthadi natchatram pakanum! Enaku aatuku phoga naadi aguto na?" The priest spoke, breaking the silence, standing up from the platform.

(The auspicious time is about to end, the groom and bride must see Arundhati star before that!)

During the Hindu wedding, after the Saptapathi ritual, the groom shows the bride the Vashishta and Arundhati the double stars as an example of the ideal couple symbolizing marital happiness and devotion. It is only symbolic. -from google.