Epilogue-1

Can we skip to the good part?

Here, I present to you the epilogue 1 of 'Yours From Birth'

So, I hope everyone comments and votes!! 

The longest I have ever written! (8000+ words!)

Please read the note at the end!

Inline comments are love!💜

.

.

Writer's POV:

Five years later,

An exhausted sigh escaped the lips of the person walking along the river shore as the sunlight sapped his energy.

The muddy road was a little bumpy in condition, filled with potholes from the earlier rain, which made the already draining walk more difficult, causing the family of five to groan in frustration.

"Anna, wait up!" A deep voice called from the back, causing the twenty-four-year-old to pause and wait for the new adult to catch up.

Vikram turned around to see his brother running towards him, trying not to step on the puddles and grinning when he neared.

"Why does our car breaks down on every trip to our native?" Vihaan complained, his voice deep, which perplexed Vikram whenever he spoke.

Vikram chuckled in response, glancing at his brother, who ran a hand through his hair with a smile.

His hair fell above his eyes in long, soft waves that caused an urge in everyone to run their hands through them.

"I bet you are excited to see Harshi Anni after so long!" Vihaan exclaimed, glancing at him with a knowing look. Since Vihana called his darling 'Anni' in front of everyone, Vihaan started calling her Anni.

"I am." Vikram nodded, meeting his brother's eyes.

There were times Vihaan looked up to speak to him. Now, he stood at equal height, leaving Vikram to wonder if he was the same Vihaan he last saw a year ago.

"Come on, Viha, move faster! You seriously make me question if you are really my twin! You walk like a sixty-year-old instead of a twenty-two-year-old!" Vihaan laughed, eyes bright and crinkling in the corner, as he squealed when Vihana threw a stone at him as she walked behind them.

"Shut up! You don't have the right to speak when you still speak like a 10-year-old." Vihana scowled through her panting, sweat dripping from her forehead to down her face, causing her hair to stick to her neck, which she wiped every minute.

"At least my voice doesn't sound as squeaky as someone else's!" Vihaan teased, throwing a mocking glance at her over his shoulder.

That, Vikram has to admit, because when he returned from his training after a year, four years ago, Vihaan sounded so mature —well, his voice sounded deep and mature, but still spouted nonsense like he was a noisy ten-year-old.

"Want me to tell Amma about your Dhanya?" Vihana smirked, finally catching up and stepping between the brothers and winding her arms around Vikram's arm, who chuckled when Vihaan halted on his steps at her words.

"You wouldn't." His eyes grew wide with horror. His fashion diva would kill him if their relationship got revealed without her consent. He could imagine her red high heel piercing his heart as she stared at him murderously through those faux lashes she loved to wear.

"Try me!" The playful expression faded as Vihana stared at him dead serious.

Many things had changed, but his brother remained the same—the blabbermouth who 'accidentally, in his words' outed the Hari-Viha couple in front of everyone last year, which caused a tiff between the twins.