Chapter-31

Happy BirthdayNavikew, Borahae!

Please check the chapter-30 (in case you missed it)

Long chapter ahead!- 3000+ words (I'm so proud of myself)

Inline comments are love💜

.

.

Writer's pov:

The lights slowly turned brighter as the professor switched off the projector and dismissed the class to their lunch. One by one, the students slowly walked out, some in groups and couples and a few individually. 

Vihana and her new friend Madhu stayed back to ask about the student club. After clearing the doubts, the new friends parted ways to meet their respective partners.

Collecting her things off the table, Vihana walked out of the class to see her boyfriend of four months standing beside her classroom door. 

He looked super fine and classy in his formal wear, his white shirt tucked into his neatly pressed black trousers that ended at his ankle. My, why did she not notice this fine man in her school days? But it is okay! She got him now.

His face glowed in the midday sun, the rays casting a shadow on a side that made his high cheekbones appear to be even sharper from her angle, and his wavy hair slicked back with a strand of hair kissing his clear forehead, that waved slightly when the wind blew. 

He had his car keys in one hand and a few documents that seemed important in the other as he skimmed them, unaware that she had arrived.

Without a second thought, she wrapped her arms around his bicep in an attempt to startle him, causing him to drop his keys. Turning around to look at the intruder, Hari looked at her accusingly, but the smile on his lips betrayed him.

Knocking her forehead playfully, Hari picked up the keys and took a look at his grinning girlfriend, who looked so happy as she rocked back and forth on her heel, her arms hiding behind her back and her midnight black hair swinging with her each movement.

"Well, hello to you too!" He teased, forwarding his hands to hold her hands, his lips lifting in a smile when her warm one intertwined their fingers together.

"Hey, boyfriend!" Vihana chippered, raising her head to see a smile dancing on his lips as he led them through the crowd, his hands holding her tightly.

"Someone is happy today! Pray, tell me why?" Looking down at the smiling little lady, Hari questioned, his arms going around her to avoid her dashing into anyone. The canteen looked crowded more than usual due to the fresher day as hostel students' parents lingered around, speaking with their children before returning home.

"You, you are the reason," Vihana confessed, her eyes shining in love as she looked at him through her lashes, causing his heart to skip a beat.

His steps halted, his cheeks heating up as he looked at the reason for his sudden shyness, who winked at him and walked forward without a word. Thanks to his brown skin, the blush that crept onto his skin didn't show.

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he jogged through the crowd to catch up with his girlfriend, who stopped around the corner, a teasing smile on her face as she waited for him.

"Such sweet-talked you siblings are!"

"Um, what?"

"You and Vikram! You guys have a honey mouth that could make anyone melt!"

"Vikram anna?"

"Wait here. I'll submit this and come soon?" Hari said, more like questioned her, pointing to the paper he held. It doesn't feel right to leave her alone in the mechanical block, where the boys desperately crave female company.