Chapter-18

I keep the vote goal only for early update purposes as it gives me a boost to write fast. Please keep it in my mind the vote goals are not targets!!!

I will update as per the schedule even if the goal doesn't reach.

Emotional chapter, and long chapter, ahead! (not that long tho only 2304 words) but it's the longest chapter I have written in this book.

Happy reading!

Inline comments are love.💜

.

.

.

Writer's pov;

"Harshitha, bring that orange plate ma!" Radha hollered from outside as they prepared for the Pandha Kaal Muhurtha.

When both the families pile/erect a bamboo pole at the entrance of their house and offer prayers to god for a peaceful, happy wedding.

This ritual was done mainly to ensure that the wedding preparations proceed without any interruptions and also to let the world know that the family is holding a wonderful wedding in place.

(obviously taken from google😅)

"Yes, athai!"

"Vihana, call Hari and ask if he bought the things on the list."

"Okay maa." Vihana blushed at the mention of his name as she remembered the morning incident where they both stole glances at one another.

"Vihana, why are you daydreaming? I asked you to call Hari."

Vihana scrambled up from the chair to call him immediately before her mother would start her scolding session.

.

.

.

Everyone come down for breakfast." Harshitha called, standing at the entrance of the terrace.

The men nodded and walked down, leaving Harshitha and Vikram alone.

"So?"

"So?"

"Why you messaged me to stay back on the terrace. May I know the reason?" Vikram asked with a smile as Harshitha blushed shyly.

"What did I even say that made you blush?" He raised his eyebrow in question looking at her as she looked around nervously.

"Don't tell me you want to kiss me, with our bunch of relatives downstairs, baby! you are becoming bold day by day, first biting my lips and now kissing in the open space-" Vikram stopped as her warm hands came in contact with his forehead.

"Stay still!" Vikram stood still as Harshitha drew a small tilak with kumkum on his forehead gently.

"It's just that I saw Paati keeping kumkum on thatha forehead, it looked cute that's why." Vikram grinned as his darling mumbled, playing with his shirt button.

"And give your dirty mind holiday!" Before he would catch her, she ran away smiling.

What they both didn't notice is a jealous figure glaring at them furiously.

.

.

.

Sleepless, Harshitha laid awake at midnight. She looked around to see everyone asleep. Even prathyuksha, who was awake a moment ago, was asleep, hugging her phone to her chest.

The day ended with a happy note, but not for Harshitha and her mother.

.

.