Chapter-33

Inline comments are love💜

.

.

Writer's pov:

The warm sun rays filtered through the windows, casting a golden glow throughout the room as Sakthi worked around the kitchen. After frying the mushroom, she transferred it to a plate before placing it on her husband's lunch box. Her movements were deliberate and precise.

A bike horn disrupted the serene environment as the person opened the gate. Drawing the blinds aside in the living room, Sakthi looked out the windows to see Vikram parking his bike in the foyer. Beside him, Vihana stood holding his helmet as the siblings whispered to each other.

Sensing someone's gaze, Vihana waved at her smiling aunt with a huge grin when her eyes caught her peeking at them through the window. Signaling them to come inside with a smile, Sakthi walked back to the kitchen to complete the breakfast.

"Don't tell him. I swear if you said it to him, I'll surely tell Amma that you lied about sweeping your room." Vikram warned, glancing at his sister's grinning face. A sigh left his lips when she still didn't reply to him as she gazed at Hari's window.

"Did you hear or understand what I told you?"

"Crystal!" Vihana nodded, following her brother inside her boyfriend's home.

"Good morning!" Vihana chirped as she ran towards her aunt to hug her while Vikram grinned at her in greeting, hoping on the kitchen island.

"Good morning, Chellam! Sakthi greeted, patting her hands gently and moving towards the cupboard. Seeing her fetch Harshitha's lunch box, Vikram stopped her, "Athai, don't pack Harshu's lunch. I'm giving a treat for my friend, so I'll think Harshu can join us for lunch."

"Oh? Then we don't get any treat for your project approval?" Sakthi teased, raising her brow at him playfully to which Vihana snickered at his brother's shy face.

"Ah that- Of course! Just tell me when and where. I'll pick you up." Vikram offered, helping her arrange the table. Feeling playful, he added with a wink, "Maybe we both can go on a date?" which earned him a playful slap on the shoulder from his darling's mother.

"Did you both have breakfast?" Sakthi asked, looking at her brother's children to see them whispering to each other secretly. "What are you both whispering?"

"Oh, he is taking Har-

"How you look so beautiful in the morning! So eternal!" Vikram winked, pinching his sister as a warning to which Sakthi palmed her face with a smile.

"Okay, stop. Come sit here." Placing the just made hot idly on the plate, Sakthi passed it to Vikram and then Vihana, who whined seeing the extra idly on her plate, to which Sakthi shushed her and signaled her to eat.

The siblings gobbled up the hot idly in silence while Sakthi cleaned the vessel, humming a melody. A few minutes later, hearing footsteps behind her, Sakthi moved aside to let Vikram wash his hands.

"Umm, not bad, athai. Your cooking has improved a lot. Maybe I'll marry your daughter and stay here as a Veettoda Mappilai for your cooking. Vikram laughed, winching when Sakthi pinched his ears.

(son-in-law who lives with his wife's family)

Her hands abruptly left his ear and touched his hair. Sakthi glared at him and said, "How many times have I said to you dry your hair before you leave the house, Vikram?" Disappointed, Sakthi looked at her future son-in-law.

Not waiting for his reply, she gently pushed him toward the stairs. "Get a towel from Hari or get that blow dryer from Harshu before they come down."