Chapter Three

When I woke up I was laying next to Justin with my arm across his stomach. I looked up at him and saw him sleeping peacefully. Smiling, I climbed back onto his chest and gently kissed his neck. In response he wound his arms around me pulling me close. I looked up and saw he was awake. I moved up and kissed his lips. When he kissed me back I felt relief flood my body. I hoped last night wasn't just because he had pitied me for what he had witnessed at the party. I also hoped that he wasn't just trying to use me for something else. In all honesty I had been surprised he hadn't pushed me into doing more than what we had done. Justin rolled so we were laying on our sides. He looked into my eyes, which gave me butterflies.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked softly running his fingers up and down my side, which raised goosebumps everywhere making me breathless.

"Let's go swimming. I've been wanting to go swimming but Michelle doesn't swim." I said running my hands through his hair.

"I'll swim with you. I have to clean the pool this weekend anyway. You don't have a bathing suit though." He said.

"I can swim in one of your t-shirts. I do need to shower though, if you don't mind." I said getting up and walking to the bathroom grabbing the t-shirt he had given me from the floor. I felt him watching me. Once I was in the bathroom I shut the door and immediately started the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror and suddenly realized I had no clean clothes of my own or a towel. I cracked the door and he must have read my mind because he was already holding a towel and a new t-shirt, a pair of his boxer briefs and sweatpants. "Thank you." I said grabbing them and shutting the door. I still couldn't believe he kissed me and told me that he loved me. I'd waited so long to hear him say those words. I smiled to myself remembering everything from the night before. Sleeping next to Justin had been the best I'd slept in a long time. I quickly got in the shower, letting the hot water run over my body. When I was done, I got dressed and brushed my teeth as quickly as I could. When I stepped out of the bathroom, Justin was already showered and sitting on his bed waiting for me. He smiled at me, his cheeks flushing.

"I love seeing you in my clothes. You look beautiful in them." He said holding his arm out for me to sit next to him. I shook my head at him.

"Oh, shut up. I'm sure I'm not the only girl who's ever worn your clothes." I said. He looked hurt when I said that. I immediately regretting saying that last sentence.

"I've never let anyone else wear my clothes before. No one, Katie." He said standing up and walking towards me. He tilted my head so that I was looking into his eyes. "I've never felt this way about anyone else. Those other girls were my stupid attempts at trying to get over my feelings for you. Which obviously failed. You mean more to me than anyone else." He said leaning forward, kissing me softly. I stood on my toes to get closer to him and deepen the kiss. He pulled away. "Let's go get some breakfast." And he was gone from in front of me. I followed him towards the kitchen. He was pulling out some fruit and eggs. I pulled out a stool from under the counter and took a seat watching him make eggs. I grabbed an apple and started eating it.

"Hey, I never thanked you for helping me last night at the party. Ryan never takes no for an answer but he's never gotten like that. I hate that he was able to even get me in that situation. Michelle left me with a group of friends to find some guy." I said, shaking my head in hopes to shake the memory away.

"If he ever comes near you again, I can't promise I'll have the same composure. I hate seeing guys treating girls like that. If a girl says no then walk away." He turned around and looked at me with a serious look in his eyes. "I will never force you to do something you aren't comfortable with. Your comfort is important to me." I just nodded, lost in his beautiful green eyes. The look in his eyes just made me feel safe. "I'm serious, Katie. I won't even make you do anything you aren't ready for. I just want to be with you." He said taking my hand in his.

"I want to be with you too. I just don't want you to break my heart. I've loved you for too long, to allow you to break my heart." I said looking away from him. There was no way I could let myself be hurt by him.

"I won't hurt you, Katie. I've wanted this for so long. I'd be a fool to screw anything up with you." I could feel him willing me to look at him.

"Why would you want to be with me? I'm only a junior in high school. You're about to go off to college and then the military. I'm sure there are better girls out there for you wherever you go. I'll just hold you back and make you hate me." Tears were starting to well up in my eyes. He walked around the counter and bent in front of me. Gently he tilted my head to look at him. "I want you, Katie. I'm not going to college or into the military to meet anyone else. Please give me a chance. I'm not who everyone says I am." He begged. I had no idea why he was begging me to be with him. I've seen the girls that were always coming to his house, I would never compare to them. "Please, Katie. I've wanted to be with you for so long now... We can make this work if we both try." He wiped away a tear that escaped my eye.

"Okay. We'll give it a try." I said smiling. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my hair.

"I promise you won't regret this." He said pulling away and kissing my lips.