Chapter Twenty One

Between the wedding planning and keeping my own life together, the next few months flew by. Before I knew it the wedding was only a week away. Lisa was becoming more and more stressed. My mother, Michelle and I tried everything we could to help ease some of her stress. We ran endless errands for her, took phone calls for her. The only time that Lisa wasn't on edge was when she was pestering me about who I was planning to take to the wedding. No matter how many times I told her I was going alone, she kept pushing for me to take someone. Not just someone, but Sam. Sam and I had been hanging out as much as we used to when we were kids. He was always over helping with Aiden. I felt weird asking anyone to go to the wedding. One night when Sam was spending the night, because Michelle was busy and couldn't. I finally got up the nerve to ask him.

"Do you have a date for my brother's wedding?" I asked him, while I was giving Aiden his last bottle before bed.

"Not that I know of, No. Do you have a date?" He asked, flipping through the TV channels.

"I don't have a date. Would you want to go with me? Everyone keeps pressuring me to bring a date, especially Lisa." I tell him.

"Yeah we can go together. We were bound to be thrown together since we're both in the wedding party anyway."

"Oh yeah, that's true. I completely forgot that we were both in the wedding party. I guess we can still go together though. Just so I can tell Lisa I have a date to the wedding." I grabbed my phone and showed it to Sam, so he could see how persistent Lisa was being about the topic.

"Wow, she really is being demanding about it." He said laughing. "I'll gladly be your date to the wedding. So let Lisa know she can back off now."

Part of me was nervous to go to the wedding with Sam. I was also sad, Justin and I had been planning to have a wedding once he was home from his deployment. Now I will never get to have a wedding with Justin. Helping Lisa plan her wedding was different, but actually attending her wedding was sad to think about. I was extremely happy for Lisa and Alex, but part of me was not emotionally ready to attend a wedding, much less attend this wedding with Sam. I'd never admit it to anyone at the time, but I was falling for Sam. Seeing him with Aiden and having him around made it so easy to imagine being with him forever. I also resented my feelings for Sam, because I shouldn't be moving on this soon from Justin no matter what anyone told me. I felt like I was betraying him. Perhaps the wedding will help me figure out my feelings and give me courage to act upon them.