Chapter Five

For the next two days Justin and I hung around his house and went for long drives down the back roads. I had Michelle pick me up the day my parents called saying they'd be home. I hung out at her house for the day. She had big news to tell me anyway.

"I did it, Katie. I lost my virginity." She said flopping down on her bed beside me. I pulled out my phone to see a text from Justin

I miss you.

My heart lept a little. It was just three words, but I knew I'd miss him too.

"No way! With who?" I asked putting my phone away.

"Some guy from the party. It wasn't as bad as everyone makes it seem. A little painful, but now it should be easier. Now you need to tell me about Justin. How in the hell did that happen?" She said rolling on her side to look at me.

"Well you know how Ryan can never take no for an answer? He pulled me away from the party and was close to you know... Justin happened to be running past and he threw Ryan off. He walked me home, but I remembered my parents were gone and I left my house keys. Justin let me stay at his house and we just hung out." I said looking at her. She didn't need to know that I shared a bed with him.

"Mhm, you 'hung' out. Are you sure you weren't losing it this weekend as well?" She said, poking my side.

"I'm positive, Mich. I didn't lose anything. He said he wasn't going to push me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with." I said shoving her.

"Well look at you. Somehow got your dream guy. How often does that happen to a girl?" She said, rolling onto her back. "Honestly, just be careful. I've heard girls say some bad things about him."

"He's different with me. I trust that he won't hurt me." I told her. This was why I didn't want to tell anyone about Justin. He had a past with girls. No one knew what I knew though. My phone beeped and I saw that it was my mom letting me know that she was home. "Alright, take me back to my house." I said getting up from her bed.

When we had first moved into our house, I made sure to choose the room with a window that opened to the roof. I loved climbing out my window and just watching the stars. If Justin was outside, I could usually watch him without being seen. Or at least I thought I wasn't seen. One night a few months after Justin and I started our relationship, I was laying on the roof just watching the stars. I heard movement and suddenly Justin was up on the roof with me. We hadn't seen each other in a few days because I was busy with school and he was busy with work and school. The rest of the summer we spent as much time as we could together. Once school started up for the both of us, it became harder to see each other. Justin called me every night though and we typically fell asleep on the phone with each other. Justin laid next to me on the roof lacing his fingers in mine.

"You know I always knew that you watched me from here." He told me. I turned to him blushing.

"I never watched you, so you must have been imagining things." I lied.

"Nope, it was you. You little stalker." He said, turning to kiss me. "You know if we told everyone about us, we'd be able to see each other more often. And I wouldn't have to risk my life climbing your house." He said, smiling.

"Alright, we'll tell people. Jeez. I didn't ask you to climb up here with me. I would have happily creeped on you." I laughed. I knew it was time to tell people. We couldn't sneak around forever. It would be nice to not have to hide from everyone. "We can tell people tomorrow. I'll tell my parents, Sam and Alex. Then people can find out on their own."

"Sounds good. Then I can finally take you on an official date." He said, looking into my eyes.

"I'd love that. I should get back inside though. We don't need my parents catching us. I'll call you tomorrow." I leaned over and kissed his lips.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow." He said climbing down from my roof and house. Once I saw him run across his yard I went back into my room. I was nervous to tell my parents, but at least they'd know. Over the past few months, Justin had proven that he was different. He never pushed me further than I was ready for. He told me he could wait until I was ready. For now I was ready to share my relationship with the world.