Chapter Twenty Two

The day of the wedding was crazy from the moment we all woke up. None of us had a free moment. Justin's mom was taking Aiden for the day so that we could all focus on Lisa. I thanked her a thousand times and cried leaving Aiden with her. She was happy to take him for the day. I woke up and had to run what seemed like a thousand errands. I had to stop by the venue to make sure things were starting to come together, which they were. I had to make sure Lisa got to her hair and make up appointments on time. I had to make sure that the photographer was ready to take the pictures. I made hundreds of phone calls to double and triple check that everything would be ready on time. After I had everything under control I made sure to eat and drink some water. Then I had to get to my appointments to get ready. When I arrived at the church where Lisa was finishing getting ready, I started tearing up when I saw Lisa. She looked gorgeous. Her dark brown, curly hair was piled up on her head with curls spilling out. Her makeup was simple but beautiful. Her dress was stunning.

"Lis, you look breathtaking. Alex is a very lucky man." I said hugging her. She already had tears in her eyes.

"Katie, I can't tell you how thankful I am for you and your family. You guys have made my dream come true. Seriously, I know I've been less than cooperative, but this is all everything I've ever dreamed of and more." She said fanning her eyes.

"Hey don't cry! I loved throwing myself into helping you. It really helped me. You're family Lis. I'd do anything for you. After everything you've done for me it was the least I could do. I'm proud to call you my sister." I hugged her one more time. "Now I need to get into my dress, it's almost time." I kissed her cheek and went into the bathroom to change into my dress. The maid of honor and bridesmaid dresses were a light lilac color. Alex and Lisa decided on gray and lilac for the wedding colors. The best man and groomsmen were wearing dark grey suits and we all were wearing lilac dresses. Lisa picked gorgeous dresses for us to wear. I wore gray heels like Lisa requested. After changing and touching up my makeup I walked out.

"Katie, are you trying to steal the attention from me? You're gorgeous!" Lisa said looking at me. "Sam is going to fall even more in love with you." She smirked.

"Are you using your wedding to play matchmaker?" I asked.

"No! I would never! Oh look it's time. Let's line up everyone and remember to count to 15 in between each other." She said running to where her dad was waiting to walk her down the aisle. I rolled my eyes and stepped up front. We were walking down first with the groomsmen. I heard the music start and was motioned forward by Lisa's mom. When I stepped forward Sam looped his arm through mine and we walked to the end of the aisle. I turned to smile at him and all the air in my lungs escaped. He looked so handsome in his suit. He smiled back at me and my heart melted in my chest. My legs turned to jello. If it wasn't for his arm holding me up, I wouldn't be standing. His brown eyes stood out so much against the gray suit.

"You look stunning, Katie" he whispered when we got to the end and went our separate ways. I'd be lying if I said I didn't stare at Sam the entire ceremony. Lisa ended up crying during the vows and I handed her the rings right on time. But my eyes never left Sams. The way he looked at me made my insides turn to liquid. After Lisa and Alex were pronounced man and wife everyone watched them leave for more pictures. The rest of the wedding party filed after them for pictures as well. The guests were to all head to the reception venue. When Sam walked over to me, he wiped away tears from my cheeks that had fallen when Alex mentioned Justin before his vows. Electricity shot through my body from his touch. He grabbed my hand and led me to where we were meeting Lisa and Alex for pictures. The pictures felt like they took years. There were thousands of different poses, but once we finally finished we all got into a limo to take us to the reception. Sam sat next to me and held my hand the entire time. His touch set my soul on fire. Lisa kept looking at me and winking. I just rolled my eyes at her and mentally flipped her off. To which she responded by blowing me a kiss.