Chapter Twenty Four

Once the food was all cleared away the DJ came out and started playing music. He played the typical wedding songs that got everyone involved and dancing. He also played many slow songs. Alex had convinced me to dance with him and thankfully he didn't mention Sam. Closer to the end of the night the DJ said he was playing a few more slow songs.

"May I ask you to dance?" Sam held his hand out to me. I just nodded and took his hand. He led me to the dance floor and put his arms around my waist. I looped my hands around his neck. I started playing with the hair at the nape of his neck. At first we danced in silence, with my head resting on his shoulder. I turned to look into his eyes and my insides melted again. He brought his one hand up to my cheek and I gave into my urge to kiss him. I leaned up and pressed my lips against his. He was shocked at first and then he started kissing me back. His other hand wound its way into my hair. The kiss got deeper and filled with urgency. We both radiated love and lust. We slowly pulled away and I felt his lips near my ear.

"Come home with me?" I just nodded and let him lead me outside to his car. They had dropped his car here so he could leave without the limo at the end of the night. Sam held the passenger door open for me. I thanked him and got in. He got into the driver's side and we made our way to his house. Once we got to his house, I realized his house was dark.

"My parents are away this weekend." He clarifies and opens my door for me. He grabs my hand and leads me up to his house. After he unlocks the door he leads me upstairs to his room. Once we were in the hallway I pulled him into a kiss. He picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist. I've never felt a need for someone as strong as I had for Sam in that moment. Our kiss got deeper as I tangled my fingers in his long hair. Once in his room he placed me back on the ground so I could kick my heels off. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. With every touch my body ignited in flames. He gently kissed my lips and then looked into my eyes.

"Are you okay with this?" He asked with a serious look in his eyes.

"Yes, I've never been more okay with anything." His eyes lit up with my words. He kissed me and I started to unbutton his shirt. His hands ran up to the zipper of my dress and he paused before unzipping as if asking permission. I nod and he unzips the dress. I push his shirt off and unbutton his pants and slide them off. He picks me up and lays me on his bed underneath him. I run my hands up and down his back. Once we are both naked, he grabs something from the stand from the side of his bed.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" He asks looking into my eyes.

"Yes."

After we made love, we lay there with me on his chest. Sam was running his fingers up and down my back. I laid there tracing shapes on his chest.

"Sam?" I looked at him. I leaned up on my elbows to look at him.

"Hmm?" He pushed his hands into my hair.

"I love you." A smile flashes on his face.

"I love you, Katie. I've always loved you." He says bringing his lips to mine. I kiss him back and then rest my head on his chest. After listening to his heart beating for a few minutes, I eventually fall asleep.

I dreamt of Justin. I was sleeping next to Sam, but Justin appeared in my dreams. He kept asking me why and how. How could I move on? Why was I forgetting about him? It was like he was crying, but no sound was coming from him. I jolted awake the next morning with tears pouring down my cheeks. I sat up and looked at Sam. He was still sleeping peacefully. I leaned over and gently kissed his cheek. Then I pulled my dress back on and ran across the street back to my house. Justin's mom still had Aiden so I ran into my bedroom and locked the door behind me. I didn't want anyone to come in, I just wanted to be by myself with my own guilt. I must've had that dream for a reason. I shouldn't be moving on, I shouldn't have slept with Sam. I shoved my face in my pillow and cried. I had to stay away from Sam. He was making everything complicated. I was trying to find my place in the world after losing Justin and trying to figure out my future with Aiden. Sam had to come in and make me fall in love with him. I allowed my personal feelings to complicate everything. I heard my phone vibrating next to me and I just ignored it. I didn't want to face anyone. I needed time to just cry and attempt to figure out how to move forward.