Chapter Fifteen

When I woke up, my mom was holding Aiden and Kelly was standing next to her. They both looked over and saw that I was awake.

"He's perfect, Katie. You and Justin are such lucky parents." Kelly said smiling at me then at Aiden. My mom got up and brought him over to me. He was sleeping and looked so peaceful. She carefully placed him in my arms. I looked at him and smiled. He was a perfect little guy. He had really dark hair, but he looked like Justin.

"Where is Justin?" I asked looking around.

"Justin and Sam went to go get some coffee, I think." Kelly said not taking her eyes off of Aiden. He was one lucky little baby. He had a whole army of people who already loved him more than anything else in this world. Aiden started moving around a little, then he smiled in his sleep. He was the most precious person in the world. The amount of love I felt for him, I never knew was possible to feel towards anyone. I handed Aiden to Kelly, then I got up slowly to go to the bathroom. While I was in the bathroom I heard voices from the hallway. It sounded like they were having a serious conversation.

"When I leave for my deployment, I need you to take care of them man. You are the only other person that cares about them the way that I do. Promise me you will take care of them. And if anything ever happens to me... I need you to watch out for them. I mean it, Sam." I heard Justin say. My heart dropped. I never planned on anything happening to him.

"Justin, I'll always look out for them. Nothing is going to happen to you. You'll have nothing to worry about." I heard Sam say. I closed my eyes and flushed. When I finally left the bathroom, Justin was back in the room holding Aiden.

"There's momma! The doctors say we'll be able to go home tomorrow morning." I just looked at him and smiled. Seeing him holding Aiden was the best thing in the world. I always knew that he would be an amazing dad. Sam was standing by my mom and Kelly. When he looked at me, he smiled. It was like his whole body lit up seeing me. I smiled back and made my way over to Justin and Aiden.

"I think Aiden is really going to love being in his own home surrounded by everyone who loves him." I said kissing Justin's forehead and running my hand over Aiden's head. Justin looked up at me and my heart felt like it was going to explode with love. He took my hand in his and laid next to me on the hospital bed.

The next day, we were discharged to go home. Our mother's helped us to pack up and take all our stuff home. Justin helped me to get Aiden ready. It was truly amazing watching Justin be so involved with Aiden. Any chance that he got, he was changing diapers or asking the doctors questions. Aiden was a healthy baby boy, and I had a healthy delivery so we weren't kept at the hospital long. We had to get Aiden in for his first doctors appointment within the next few days. I finished packing up our paperwork and my bag of dirty clothes. I followed Justin out and to his car. I was incredibly sore and still exhausted even though everyone had allowed me to sleep a lot. Justin clicked Aiden's carseat into the car and held the door open for me to get in beside Aiden. The entire ride home I just watched Aiden. It was crazy the amount of love I had for him. I wanted to protect him from every bad thing in the world.

When we pulled up to my parents house everyone was already inside waiting, even Alex and his girlfriend. I grabbed all the paperwork and the bags we had in our car while Justin grabbed the baby. Walking in everyone told us congratulations. My dad hugged me gently and told me he was happy for us. Alex pulled me in for a hug as well, telling me that Aiden was going to be one tough guy. There were balloons and all kinds of flowers all over our kitchen island. There was a nursery set up in our house and Justin's parents house. We felt it was smarter to stay with both families especially since Justin was going to be deployed soon. This way I would still have assistance from both families, and they'd all get to see Aiden.